Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Sorry Rico not to be clearer, I was replying to ford99's comment only.

Your point is well taken about comments under the Yahoo review, but this is par for the course at Yahoo IMO. I gave up reading any comments posted on any Yahoo page, years ago.

·
Registered
215 Posts
To the extent that comments on the poor seating undermine the ebullient cheerleader-ish review, they seem on-topic to these eyes, for what it's worth . . .
Ok we can talk seating for what it's worth. I thought I read somewhere, perhaps on these forums that there was more than one mounting location for the 3rd row. Maybe I've confused that with the NV3500. I personally can't comment on the leg room, spacing, or even uprightness of the seat backs as I have not seen a transit wagon in the flesh.

The fellow that posted his negative feedback was commenting on lack of spacing on the 10 passenger version. I'm interested in the 8 passenger configuration and I am reserving judgement until I see it in person. If the seating ergonomics are as bad as some are making it out to be then it really could be a deal breaker for me as well. I just need to hit up one of the local dealers and tell them to call me when a 8 passenger wagon shows up so I can bring my wife and kids down to do a test drive. That's the real test with kids and car/booster seats in tow. All these posts are second hand, subjective information. At least in my mind. Pictures on this forum are few and far between especially with small file size limits set by the webmaster. The interior photos on Fords website show adequate room so again I take some comments on here with a grain of salt. If a guy is 6'3" and 270lbs then ya the seating room may be an issue in the back.

Let's see some pictures of these elusive unicorns they call a transit wagon.:eek:

·
Registered
215 Posts
This is the only 8 passenger low roof wagon I've seen for sale with pictures included:

2015 Ford Transit-150 , $35,849 - Cars.com

Jason
Thanks Jason, best pictures yet. 3rd row seating does look close to 2nd.. And no seat reclining, kind of a bummer. I'm also curious what the centre stack dash looks like with the Nav radio. Have to wait till late late this year to see that though.

Thanks again for posting the link. Brad

·
Registered
2,478 Posts

·
Banned
164 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
See other thread for my comments and questions.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
. . . .

When I look at the interior photograph of an eight passenger Transit Wagon on the official Ford Transit website it appears to be very appealing and adequate in terms of passenger seating. But in a real-life examination it was hardly that. I will be interested to know what others think and hope that Ford pays attention if others come to the same conclusion as I
I'll let you know in 3-4 months John -- I bit the bullet:

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/dealers-purchases-orders/5274-xlt-wagon-ordered.html#post67490

21 - 29 of 29 Posts