Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
We just bought our 2019 "Don Domingo" (In honor to my grand father).

The intention is to convert this van as a camper van.
I found something that looks not right, what is missing in here?

Also, the third brake light doesn't work ... any fuse related to this light? I ask that before I take it apart and investigate further

Thanks.

· Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,682 Posts
That hole is where the cover fell off. It's a known issue and when you get a replacement use some sort of adhesive to attach it otherwise you will lose it as well. As for the center high mounted stop light (CHMSL) , your Transit probably doesn't have one. I have the cargo version of you van and it doesn't have one either. The CHMSL is only required on vehicles under 80" in width and with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less. Your Transit is neither, so Ford saved $2.87 because they are cheap.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @GapRunr and @1x1_Speed_Craig for your response.

Does anybody have the part number of that part (left and right), or where I can find it?

I have other question, if the TPMS light on the dash doesn't illuminate when I start the truck, am I assuming that truck was NOT equipped with TMPS? (I was assuming that such a safety feature was mandatory ...)

· Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders - SOLD
2,682 Posts
I have other question, if the TPMS light on the dash doesn't illuminate when I start the truck, am I assuming that truck was NOT equipped with TMPS? (I was assuming that such a safety feature was mandatory ...)
TPMS is not mandatory on vehicles with dual rear wheels. Yet again another place Ford cheapened out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.