Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
This is missing because this forum doesn't allow moderators among the ranks of the contributors. Only the admins, who are website geeks rather than Transit fans, would have the authority to create that sort of content.

To have Stickies the site has to allow members of the forum enough admin power to manage things like that.

Kinda makes it a "fake site" compared to other forums that were created by people who are actually involved in the discussions.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess when starting a new thread we could start out the title with the word sticky .
Oh btw , I just got done doing your Ford back up cam mod , went pretty smooth and I added a switch , getting the shroud back on was the toughest part , had to do some minor trimming in the end , there was a wire in the way otherwise

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most people do not even read the stickies that are already here!
There too hard to find ,,, way quicker to ask a question and get a answer , put that answer with a bunch of other info to solve a puzzle , then share the puzzle as a sticky/write up if there was a place to put it.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I like the way the mod runs this site. Better than a bunch of self appointed power hungry mods that dictate what you can and cant do. I just use search if I am looking for a van problem remedy.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I will let you in on a little secret. This, like many other forums aren't architected to easily help you find definitive sources of information. They are architected to allow for maximum advertising impressions therefore increasing revenue for the forum owner. Stickies take away from searching and asking the same question over and over and over and for people responding to the same type of question over and over and over. The more questions and the more responses is better for advertising revenue. Organizing and finding information is not even a consideration. Stickies are super easy to implement. why aren't they implemented? it is by choice. Stickies decrease questions/answers and people viewing advertising and therefore decreases the advertising revenue.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The problem is this forum has no moderator that's a participating member. The moderator can do stickies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts