Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
CVM,
Being old I would like a supplier of "wing wings". The fixed forward glass at the driver and passenger door are large enough to have a hinged insert to create a "wind wing" air inlet.

Power opening rear windows like on the Expedition. (y)(y)
Thanks

Semper Fi

With all of the problems with the pop-out windows on previous Transit models and the returns for warranty issues, Ford did away with ALL of the pop-out windows in the 2020 model. I would not expect them to add any other window options other than the standard fixed windows with either tinted or privacy glass.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
CVM,

Power opening rear windows like on the Expedition. (y)(y)
Thanks

Semper Fi

With all of the problems with the pop-out windows on previous Transit models and the returns for warranty issues, Ford did away with ALL of the pop-out windows in the 2020 model. I would not expect them to add any other window options other than the standard fixed windows with either tinted or privacy glass.
CVM,

Can understand that just with the comments over the years with the Transit pop outs, and the problems. A window within a window really wasn't a well thought out feature, especially when it allowed air passing the side of the vehicle to get under it.

But does that mean they won't consider using the same power rear windows systems they offer like on Expeditions / Excursions etc that seem to work well and they open in a different direction from those on the Transits and that have been time tested by multiple auto manufacturers ?

I also like Ortons' thought on the wind wing windows, be a great way to cool off the interior of a vehicle when combined with the power opening rear windows. Would be Retro & :cool:

Semper Fi

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Anything on the rear wheel well liners?

NOW...they are looking at numbers and do not believe there is enough interest for them to make a run at it. Just like what happened when Penda was bought out by Trienda Holdings Inc and they went with only the projects for the major brand car & truck manufacturers, this is still the case on any projects for manufacturing new products.

I was supposed to have a meeting with Tim Williams, Vice President Sales & Marketing for Penda and made more than one trip to their booth, both at the SEMA Show and at their special meeting site at the Renaissance Inn. Because I was not a major player for a large order, he did not meet with me even though he made a referral in their email to see me.

Looking for another manufacturer to go with for the rear wheel well liners.
I purchased rear wheel liners for my 2015 Transit from this German company Lokari a couple years ago... if vaguely recall the shipping cost to the US east coast to me from Germany for the single rear liner set came to about an additional one third to one half of the product cost.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Anything on the rear wheel well liners?

NOW...they are looking at numbers and do not believe there is enough interest for them to make a run at it. Just like what happened when Penda was bought out by Trienda Holdings Inc and they went with only the projects for the major brand car & truck manufacturers, this is still the case on any projects for manufacturing new products.

I was supposed to have a meeting with Tim Williams, Vice President Sales & Marketing for Penda and made more than one trip to their booth, both at the SEMA Show and at their special meeting site at the Renaissance Inn. Because I was not a major player for a large order, he did not meet with me even though he made a referral in their email to see me.

Looking for another manufacturer to go with for the rear wheel well liners.
No company want to risk anything anymore, They all want guaranteed returns. With as popular as the transit is and the fact that no one else makes the liners its kind of hard to believe there wouldn't be enough interest.

·
Registered
80 Posts
a suggestion for those ordering from items internationally, especially from western europe. Generally all vendors automatically include their country's VAT (Value Added Tax) to the retail pricing in advance, ie in the price you see posted. However, that VAT isn't due on export sales. Whenever i order something from a european company, i email in advance and ask what the export price is - VAT is generally in the 15% range, but varies from country to country. On the last two orders it covered the UPS shipping costs

fwiw

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
From Menotomy:
I purchased rear wheel liners for my 2015 Transit from this German company Lokari a couple years ago... if vaguely recall the shipping cost to the US east coast to me from Germany for the single rear liner set came to about an additional one third to one half of the product cost.

With the current price in Germany at 150 Euro (US about $165) and placing a order through Matt Ford shipping address, the total would be 194 Euro (US about $215) if their shipping estimate is correct.

Looking to place a order for these and see what they look like and how they fit.

Menotomy
Can you take a picture of your installed rear wheels well liners and tell us about any problems you may have had in installing them? If you have a invoice let us know your pricing so we can compare it to the current pricing.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
The total cost to me for the rear wheel well liners was 193.28 euros, which included 67,23 euro for delivery and 126.05 for the liners themselves. They came supplied with eight steel sheet metal screws but no specific Ford Transit installation instructions. There is a generic set of installation instructions for liners on their website.

I elected not to install to the rear wheel well with the sheet metal screws, but instead with stainless steel 1/4 -20 threaded fasteners, at the locations shown in the photos. My fasteners were stainless steel hex head bolts 1/2 or 3/4 inch long, fender washers, and hex jam nuts and hex acorn nuts.

Only the top center fastener goes through the Ford van sheet metal with nut on the vehicle inside wheel well liner, and is snugged down tightly; the other three fasteners on each side attach the Lokari liner to the Ford OEM plastic wheel well trim. I used the the combination of the jam nut and acorn nut to attach the plastic pieces without cinching these pieces tightly to each other, thinking that I wanted to allow some slight slippage between the pieces to possibly accommodate plastic expansion and contraction thereby avoiding resulting deformations if it were cinched.

The liners fit well to the curvature of the Ford rear wheel trim, but I needed to test fit several times and choose the fastener locations thoughtfully in order to properly achieve that. The liners have held up well since installed in March 2017. There is no impingement with the tire chains I have used occasionally in the winters here in the northeast.

I have not removed the liners since first installed, so I do not really know if dirt and debris is accumulating between the liner and the wheel well sheet metal. I am hoping that the undercarriage wash I get at the local automated car wash every couple weeks during the winter months is flushing out anything that might get accumulated there.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts