Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on my list of exhibitors to view for the upcoming 2019 SEMA Show. Some of the priorities are things that we are looking to add as aftermarket options for the 2020 Ford Transit CrewVan. I have started a list of options to look at and would like to get input from forum members.

Interior seating options - Leather & Cloth seat covers
Swivel seat vendors - With so many Transit owners wanting to add swivel seats and the 2020 limiting them to the cargo van, looking for more sources
Aftermarket Wheels - With the 2020 Transit going to AWD and a 6 lug bolt pattern, looking for companies who will offer wheels for this NEW bolt pattern
Floor & Wall Coverings - Penda will again be at the SEMA Show and we will be looking for any NEW products they have to offer

These are my top priorities to look at for the 2019 SEMA Show. Use this forum thread to add more things to the list.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Aftermarket Wheels - With the 2020 Transit going to AWD and a 6 lug bolt pattern, looking for companies who will offer wheels for this NEW bolt pattern
I guess I missed this, elsewhere. Is the 6-lug wheel just for the AWD, or for all SRW models?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is for the AWD and the H/D front axle as well as the Dual Rear Wheel models. The regular RWD will still have the 5 lug wheels and supposedly have the same wheels available as in 2019. The 6 lug wheel will just have a Silver painted wheels as standard and the optional Forged Aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
The rear wheel well liners will be a huge thing to try and get Penda working on that for the Transit. There should not be any differences in the rear wheel well area on the 2020 model, but wondering if there may be a change in the front wheel well liners with the AWD having a effect on the front of the Transit.

We may need a campaign to get this done and once I get back from the SEMA Show, I hope to have a result that makes it happen. If not, then I will have a contact for you Transit owners to go to for getting the issue in their face.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last chance to get your input on things to look for at the 2019 SEMA Show. Pretty much everything stated on this forum thread is on the list. The aftermarket wheels has been the most asked question especially with the AWD going to the 6 lug wheels and nothing available at this time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would like to find an aftermarket upgrade for the mid roof door seal rubber that fits in the factory stock mounting channels.

I think I would enjoy my Ford Transit Passenger van more if wind could not buffet past the factory supplied door seals and make the annoying swooshing sound that seems unique to contemporary Ford vans and trucks.

I think a thicker and firmer door seal would help.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thank you for asking.

The driver and passenger door seals are very soft and squishy, so when driving at western states interstate speed, or in a windy condition where airspeed exceeds country road ground speed, the wind buffets in through the front door seals. You can barely feel the air movement, but you can feel it. The wind noise seems annoyingly loud and unnecessary. My Ford dealer made some adjustments to the door mounting, and I don't think there is much to be improved with further adjustments. The seals just seem inadequately specified with regards to the general fit and finish of the body panels.

The sliding passenger door also has noisy air penetration but the condition is less apparent because the noise from the front doors masks it. The issue wth the passenger door primarily occurs when there is a significant cross wind, so it might be less of an issue than that experienced with the front doors. It's hard to say because the front door noise is so distracting.

If a replacement door seal was available that offered a tighter and more secure seal I would make a purchase immediately.

The benefit would be easily and immediately appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a similiar issue with a 2000 E350 cab over utility van. I took some 1/8" OD tubing (RC aircraft fuel line tubing) and siliconed it under the door seal, between the seal and frame, to build out or build up the door seal some.
If you try that, be sure to wipe the seal with some silicone oil first, so the silicone caulk doesn't stick to the seal, in case you want to pull it out later.

I welded the ends of the 1/8" fuel line so the air inside would help. Didn't take much, just heated (or started the ends burning) with a butane lighter and then pinched them with a pair of pliers - the melting plastic sealed itself

You might try using some electrical tape to tape the 1/8" tubing to the door frame first, to see if that corrects the issue, before using the silicone caulk.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Last chance to get your input on things to look for at the 2019 SEMA Show. Pretty much everything stated on this forum thread is on the list. The aftermarket wheels has been the most asked question especially with the AWD going to the 6 lug wheels and nothing available at this time.
[/QU
CVM,

Power opening rear windows like on the Expedition. (y)(y)
Thanks

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Finished up the day looking at some really nice running boards that use the factory bolt-in positions rather than drilling into the Transit body. These have up to 600 pound capacity similar to the factory ones.

Lined up a company for the Transit seat swivels so will be looking at having those available as part of the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition with the Leather seating package ready to go. We will have 2 seat colors with a available 54" 3 passenger second row seat as well as the 36" 2 passenger second row seat.

Went over with Penda on the added floor covering they have on hand as well as the Vanguard Wall Panels and the inside roof panel. We should have everything to complete the interior past the second row seating with their products.

Talking to one wheel company who is just opening up a NEW distribution center in Dallas, TX who I will be visiting to see about getting some wheels for the 2020 Transit, BOTH the 5 lug bolt pattern as well as the 6 lug bolt pattern for the AWD model. They have the 16" X 7" wheels available in the 5 lug pattern and may be able to have the 16" X 7" as well as the 17" X 7" 6 lug pattern for the AWD model. They would need to see what the offset would be for the AWD model to see if they would have to make a special wheel with the correct bolt pattern, wheel width, and offset requirements.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finished up the day looking at some really nice running boards...

Lined up a company for the Transit seat swivels
Do you remember what company had the running boards? I didn't order them on my build because I want to see if I can get bye without them. They add a bit of width to the van, which I'd like to avoid to make parking easier. But it'd be good to know an easy way to add them if the day comes.

For the swivels, any idea if they work with the 10-way power heated seats? I'm getting cargo but not Ford swivels because I want 10-way power/heated. I believe Swivel R US has a version that works for 2019 10-way power seats, so I'm hoping it's the same for 2020.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Last day in Las Vegas before heading back to Texas to deliver some Transit seats. Tried to upload some more pictures from the SEMA Show but problems seem to be related to the Internet WiFi at the hotel. First day went through fine but since then pictures won't go through.

This has been an interesting 4 days with a lot of contacts on getting NEW products for the Ford Transit and seeing what is available for purchasing NOW. Some of the products found at the show will be featured on the Matt Ford CrewVan Edition including the Leather seating package, swivel seat brackets, floor, wall, and ceiling products, and running boards.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
CVM,

Power opening rear windows like on the Expedition. (y)(y)
Thanks

Semper Fi

With all of the problems with the pop-out windows on previous Transit models and the returns for warranty issues, Ford did away with ALL of the pop-out windows in the 2020 model. I would not expect them to add any other window options other than the standard fixed windows with either tinted or privacy glass.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Anything on the rear wheel well liners?

NOW...they are looking at numbers and do not believe there is enough interest for them to make a run at it. Just like what happened when Penda was bought out by Trienda Holdings Inc and they went with only the projects for the major brand car & truck manufacturers, this is still the case on any projects for manufacturing new products.

I was supposed to have a meeting with Tim Williams, Vice President Sales & Marketing for Penda and made more than one trip to their booth, both at the SEMA Show and at their special meeting site at the Renaissance Inn. Because I was not a major player for a large order, he did not meet with me even though he made a referral in their email to see me.

Looking for another manufacturer to go with for the rear wheel well liners.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts