Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AAhhh...these millennials with their crazy, whacked out ideas.

I see them all over Youtube slaving away building "tiny houses". Endless runs to Home Depot for materials and supplies. Basically replicating a wooden backyard shed on a trailer frame. THEN you gotta think about a car to toll it all. What a waste of time and energy and human spirit.

Forget THAT!(tm).

I am from the 80's. The GREATEST GENERATION(tm). The land of Pac Man and Ghost Busters and Duran Duran.

Lazy as Phoock and Proud of It(tm).

That's why I live in a van. The ultimate TINY HOUSE. Pre-made. Pre-insulated. Built in heater, AC, generator. Hey it's even got WHEELS Built In(tm).

How cool is THAT???!!!

Someone really needs to slap these millennials into reality.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
the greatest generation was born in the 1915 to 1930. If you were born in the 80's you're classified as either the end of GenX or beginning of Millenials. Are you slapping yourself right now as you learn this?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Curious, what is your reason for using (tm) in your sentences, Thread titles etc ?

Semper Fi

·
Registered
3 Posts
AAhhh...these millennials with their crazy, whacked out ideas.
haha. We're millenials and we're planning a build-out of a transit van to live in full-time. We'd have already started if we weren't holding out for the AWD in the 2020. Now if any dealer around Houston could actually order one for us....

·
Registered
80 Posts
iirc, it was Tom Brokaw that called the generation that fought WWII the "greatest generation" for the sacrifices they made in Europe, and many were still just out of their teenager years

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
iirc, it was Tom Brokaw that called the generation that fought WWII the "greatest generation" for the sacrifices they made in Europe, and many were still just out of their teenager years
And they begat The Worst Generation (so far). Ironic, isn't it? ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
enlighten me - what did the boomer generation do to deserve your ranking it "The Worst" - a lot of us spent time in Vietnam, and the rest stayed home and protested.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
actually my vote goes to the current millennials generation for "The Worst" -
1930s booze
1950s hot rods , the hop
1960s Lsd
1970 marijuana
1980s crack
1990s meth
2000s home pc computers
2010 smart phones
2020 YouTube entrepreneurs
enlighten me - what did the boomer generation do to deserve your ranking it "The Worst" - a lot of us spent time in Vietnam, and the rest stayed home and protested.
probably the thing about getting stoned out of your mind on LSD and spraying the black people with a hose. Also lazy hippys.
Ok , your turn , what about my (generation x ) other then being a bunch of dip shits lets hear it lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
1930s booze
1950s hot rods , the hop
1960s Lsd
1970 marijuana
1980s crack
1990s meth
2000s home pc computers
2010 smart phones

probably the thing about getting stoned out of your mind on LSD and spraying the black people with a hose. Also lazy hippys.
Ok , your turn , what about my (generation x ) other then being a bunch of dip shits lets hear it lol
1930s booze
1950s hot rods , the hop
1960s Lsd
1970 marijuana
1980s crack
1990s meth
2000s home pc computers
2010 smart phones

those are just generational vices - the baby boomer generation were born after WWII and into the early 50s so if you want to condemn a generation for "hot rods", you've made my argument and i'm stymied how the hot rods qualify as a vice

i'll wait for surlyBill's response, as he's who i posed my question to

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
there's an entire book, if you're actually interested.
But the stereotypical boomer is narcissistic, so they cannot actually fathom that their generational faults are not a direct representation of them as an individual, so they feel personally attacked. The sign of the boomer narcissist would be to name drop some exceptional, non-average members of their generation as examples of the entire generation. It's really not their fault, it was just a matter of timing that put that generation in a position to be so massive and to bleed the planet dry of resources because no one really understood the consequences at the time. They could only be considered malicious if they continued their generational entitlement and greed AFTER knowing the damage it causes to others. And subsequently blaming "millennials" for the quality of life in the world their parents created is laughable, and only really touted on those Fantasy Politics shows on talk radio and their TV kin, they really don't have a leg to stand on, but that doesn't stop them from making fantasy claims about other things, too.
I see the difference, and KNOW I'm a lucky recipient of when I was born, and I'm literally a guy who paid $300/term for tuition, have a wall of guitars, and a few houses, as made fun of here:
But that doesn't mean that I need to give my **** away because someone else is not as fortunate. I just need to accept that I'm lucky, not somehow "better" than people who don't have as easy a time procuring these things now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A demented liberal wrote a book, you read it and believed it, Well at least you didn't generalize your own projections onto an entire population. Obviously you're convinced yourself of that enlightened perspective.

But i think i see your point, obviously that's so much worse than the millennial gen that preaches transgenderism and even promotes it to kids as young as 3 years, holding drag queen seminars in libraries and schools to kindergarden aged children. I;m not sure, but did you see the story of the female pediatrician that from the age of 3 years old, was convincing her son he was a girl? And prepped him for gender blocking chemical treatments, even though there's considerable evidence those drugs cause permanent damage? Gratefully, her husband convinced the divorce court judge of her "brainwashing" their son by showing him a video of the 3 yr old son telling his father how "momma told me i was really a girl". But foolishly, i view that as more important that the "narcisstic" issues you raise.

My bad, i'm feeling so guilty now - thanks for the "edification"

For the record, i was so narcisstic i enlisted voluntarily in 1969, spent 12 months in Vietnam, and spent 4.5 years in the military, after Nixon issued a "do not release" order., I then re-enlisted for another 4 years (for the $10,000 VRB (Variable Re-enlistment Bonus) only to be discharged after 3 more years because Nixon, now because of budget cuts, was decimating the military, Bill, thank you for helping me recognize my narcissism.

But what's odd, while some of my friends were narcisstic (every generation has their share) quite a few weren't - foolishly they signed up for another tour of vietnam, not realizing how narcisstic they were. But your assessment must be accurate, i mean, after all you read it in a book.

surlyBill - one question i have to ask though, are you bi-polar? In one instance you're "liking' my post, then in the next you're slamming me without really knowing who i am, based on some as-sine book you read.

Ahh, the wisdom of ranking "perceived" narcissism over promoting transgenderism onto young innocent children - how could i have been so foolish to not see the wisdom?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
AND......my point proven.

sorry people were triggered by generalizations that are part of written history. I'll respect your SafeSpace from now on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts