Ford Transit USA Forum banner

281 - 300 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seeing these pictures makes me wish it was fall already! This summer heat is killing me! Granted my 15 pass T350 XLT wont arrive till beginning of Oct and it will be a family van not an outdoor adventure van, but I can certainly see the family making these trips and having the space to stretch out and carry some gear. There is so much this country of ours has to offer and I can't wait to take the new van out and see more of it!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Rockhounding near Goldfield, NV, on a jasper mining claim with permission from the owner. Posted about this little adventure in the Off Topic section.

The Joshua trees were fruiting.
100_1018.jpg

Camped overnight here.
100_1007.jpg

South of Goldfield on US95 a road goes to the east side of Death Valley. The occasion of two roads meeting out here in the middle of nowhere calls for a gas station, convenience store, and an Area 51 gift shop.
100_1004.jpg

With the Alien Cathouse Brothel in the back.
100_1003.jpg

Our son is intrigued, so he knocks on the door, is buzzed in by the Madam, has a quick beer while we all stretch our legs. It's a slow Monday mid-day, and the Madam tells him he's a cute young man and he could have some special pricing.

Wife is texting him, his phone is buzzing on the bar, and he tells the Madam, "I gotta go. It's my mom".

He was cool, right up until that point. LOL

·
Registered
951 Posts

Big Horn Sheep. Yellowstone, in the van. Didn't realize what podcast we had been listening to until I looked at the photo

5400-mile road trip. Average fuel was 17.3 mpg. I did see over 20 mpg in the National Parks (45 mph) despite elevation and mountain terrain, lowest was about 15 mpg doing 80 mph road in West Texas as lots of ground to cover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a sweet looking vehicle! Is it a medium roof, 148" wheelbase model? Also, is it lifted and if so, by how much?

Yes, 148” med roof. I have a 2.5” Van Compass lift on it. I have 245/75/16 KO2’s on the stock steel wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 302 Posts