Ford Transit USA Forum banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
T350 box truck

Brand new, and awaiting branding. Looka the rear overhang! -- looking like a school bus, or Class A. I peaked inside, and could see an Utz potato chip box. So, I guess it could work.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Saw this Transit in Ketchikan AK.

"Bear Tours. No Picnic Baskets"

I'll bet it isn't bear proof, and an Alaskan brown bear could rip it open like a beer can.

Attachments

·
Registered
951 Posts
Saw this Transit in Ketchikan AK.

"Bear Tours. No Picnic Baskets"

I'll bet it isn't bear proof, and an Alaskan brown bear could rip it open like a beer can.

When I was camping at Big Bear Lake, CA, I took advantage of the Bear Proof Safes. Forget to take a photo, but early morning was Mom & Cubs raiding the dumpsters. I stayed clear!

Any food that I have opened (including a jar of peanut butter) went into the food safe. I had unopened things in the van (yogurt, sealed dry goods) but did wonder about them.

The funny part about camping with dogs. In Bear country, my girl pees about four times around the van. Maybe her way of telling Bears to stay away from us?

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Dogs must think we humans are clueless and dumb as a fence post, little squished noses that don't work.

Marking one's territory with pee (not campgrounds, but wilderness camping) is a good idea.

I wish my wife would help with that. >:D

·
Registered
943 Posts
When I was camping at Big Bear Lake, CA, I took advantage of the Bear Proof Safes. Forget to take a photo, but early morning was Mom & Cubs raiding the dumpsters. I stayed clear!

Any food that I have opened (including a jar of peanut butter) went into the food safe. I had unopened things in the van (yogurt, sealed dry goods) but did wonder about them.

The funny part about camping with dogs. In Bear country, my girl pees about four times around the van. Maybe her way of telling Bears to stay away from us?
Very nice unit! Like to see more photos. Did you paint/re-finish those rear grab bars? Mine came in safety orange and I didn't see any color options.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Very nice unit! Like to see more photos. Did you paint/re-finish those rear grab bars? Mine came in safety orange and I didn't see any color options.

My rear grab bars were from a Peterbilt? They are chrome plated; I do plan to have them powder coated black.

Between my tremors and balance issue, few photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Went to see the last leg and finish of the 2018 Motorcycle Cannonball run. Saw this Transit at the finish line and had to take a picture. They were selling Motorcycle Cannonball T-shirts and other memorabilia.

Attachments

261 - 280 of 302 Posts