Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I decided to jump into van life, one of my anxieties was the "question of where to poop".

Those first initial weeks, I used the toilet at Starbucks and a few times at the gym. I liked the Starbucks restrooms as often times, they are private, lockable, one person at a time deals where I could do my business in peace.

However, one time during a Starbucks Run(tm) I ended up stepping on feces unawares and that foul odor tracked with me until I looked at the bottom of my shoes and realized what a f*ck'ed up thing it is to use "community" property as you are never certain what the person before you did, like get their f'ckin excrement on the floor. Really people? Animals.

So I pulled the trigger and got a porta potty. Let me TELL YOU. It changed my life.

Being able to relieve yourself in your own van is such a blessing. In the middle of the night, I can just transition from my sleeping position onto the THRONE and then fall back into slumber. In fact, I love my "little secret" so much, I prefer to do the deed in my van more than a regular toilet. YES, you HEARD me!

I really love it.

Oh, as I go, I leave you with this Youtube Gem:

·
Registered
81 Posts
OMG!!! That should come with a warning! Do not watch while eating or drinking!

Makes me even more glad I just throw away a bag every morning.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
ya I'm a rock climber so I just poop into a dog poop bag, I keep a stainless steel bowl for the front, dog bag tucked up under my booty, i'm in frog pose, boom i tie that bag off and then throw it at people on starbucks patios.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I freaking laughed my ass off at this video. I too use the wag bag method and just drop it in the Trasharoo then at some trash bin when I get to town. I had been considering getting a Thetford but this just helped convince me to stay with the mylar bags. Poop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I decided to jump into van life, one of my anxieties was the "question of where to poop".

Those first initial weeks, I used the toilet at Starbucks and a few times at the gym. I liked the Starbucks restrooms as often times, they are private, lockable, one person at a time deals where I could do my business in peace.

However, one time during a Starbucks Run(tm) I ended up stepping on feces unawares and that foul odor tracked with me until I looked at the bottom of my shoes and realized what a f*ck'ed up thing it is to use "community" property as you are never certain what the person before you did, like get their f'ckin excrement on the floor. Really people? Animals.

So I pulled the trigger and got a porta potty. Let me TELL YOU. It changed my life.

Being able to relieve yourself in your own van is such a blessing. In the middle of the night, I can just transition from my sleeping position onto the THRONE and then fall back into slumber. In fact, I love my "little secret" so much, I prefer to do the deed in my van more than a regular toilet. YES, you HEARD me!

I really love it.

Oh, as I go, I leave you with this Youtube Gem:

I'm getting a dry flush toilet! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts