Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it's nice to have the slider open a bit, but not all the way.

Someone out there makes a machined bit that you install to do this. It's like $50.

I'm all for supporting small businesses and entrepreneurs. But I just couldn't justify that price for that small piece of metal, no matter how beautifully machined.

My solution involved some epoxy. Just the right amount. I had mixed some up for a different project and -- as I was just about to drop the dregs in the trash -- inspiration struck.

So, technically, I didn't even spend a dime. Had enough left over epoxy to create two new stops for the slider.

Only downside? You have to re-train yourself to close the slider at a different pace.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Cool! My kind of thinking. But.......... it probably wont stick long to that aluminum rail! LOL!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It cost me more than a dime, and I actually had it before the transit, but my Stryker CB radio is one thing I value a LOT when I'm on the road. For people who have never traveled with a "Good" CB radio, you don't know what you are missing.. IF you buy a cheap one, you might hear some things and that's OK, but if you get a good one, you will know the difference and you will know whats going on well in advance and save yourself some waiting time sitting in traffic.

(OH!!!! I just noticed you can see my rear view camera mirror as well,, yeah that's awesome too, records everything front and back of van, has a camera on the front too. like $130 bucks I think)

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts
For the cost of a can of spray paint, all three of my Transits had the lower hinges painted as soon as they made it to our driveway. Now they are invisible instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For the cost of a can of spray paint, all three of my Transits had the lower hinges painted as soon as they made it to our driveway. Now they are invisible instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.
View attachment 154507
I have some rusty hinges that need paint. Did you simply clean them and spray? Did you articulate them while the paint was still wet?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I built my own sliding door stop out of a chunk of aluminum that I had and a few files. Double sided taped it to the rail and 3 years later still working great. Its sure a nice feature to have.

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts
I have some rusty hinges that need paint. Did you simply clean them and spray? Did you articulate them while the paint was still wet?
Yes. Masked off carefully, painted with door closed, and then with it open.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts