Ford Transit USA Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just to be clear, is the power seat raised to the highest position?
That is good point!!! I have moved the highest point, the door-side trim needs 1 to 2 inches to clear seat base mount.
I think I will trim it off. I also need to reroute the cable as it stretch way to tight for my liking.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Below are some pics showing the amount I trimmed off so that it will clear when the seat is raised. Works fine, just need to remember to raise before swiveling. I may go back and trim more, but this is OK for now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just want to add my experience before I forgot. I ordered the passenger side with offset.

I believe it was $230 with shipping.

Extremely satisfied. Installation took about 45 minutes. Unlike most of the installation video I saw online for the "Scopema", I did not have to drill or enlarge any holes. Super sturdy, no wobbling. There is a large teflon plate between the metal plates.

I have the black vinyl seat (no power seat) and I did not have to trim or cut anything. I just bent the rear bracket, I did not want to cut it and end up with sharp edges.

I can swivel it around without opening the door (you just need to move it forward at the right time)

I did not unplug the battery.

I will order and do the driver side later.

For the price, I think this is a no-brainer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you order two does it come with the e-brake relocation bracket?
Below is a pic of what comes with the drivers side. I believe the bracket at upper left is e-brake bracket. I did not use it since I have factory push-down brake.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you all specify drivers side vs passenger when ordering? On the website it says the same swivel works on both sides

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did you all specify drivers side vs passenger when ordering? On the website it says the same swivel works on both sides
I ordered two, so did not need to specify. The passenger side swivel (see below) was marked as reversible (there is a sticker on both sides so that you mount the correct way) and the box was labeled "F3". The drivers side was not marked that way and the box was labeled "F3D"; not sure if it would work on passenger side if flipped. I was surprised I did not receive two of the same. Maybe they were just trying to burn off inventory of the non-reversible version. I think the height/thickness was slightly different between the two units but not by much. Very happy with the quality of the units and the price point compared to Scopema and others. No wobble whatsoever; heavy duty and seems to be very good quality; easy to install; middle is open so easy wire harness routing. Agree with @syncrocrick that selecting this over others is a no brainer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I ordered 2. They are different because of the offset.
My mistake was I wanted 2 for the passenger side. One for me and one for a buddy. I did not mention that when I ordered.The drivers side did work on the passenger side by flipping it over. The problem was the lever was then mounted on the bottom plate and did not rotate with the seat. It did not bother my friend so we just went with it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just got mine installed today. Was very impressed how quickly they arrived. Fit and finish is as good as any and the design is very sturdy. It's worth emphasizing that there are a driver and passenger, mine were marked F3-D and F3-P.

After watching a Scopema install video, I was ready to get out the angle grinder to cut off the parking brake mounting studs...but was pleased to find that the included bracket requires no cutting. NICE. It will take me a minute to figure out how to trim the cover for the brake assembly, and there is now an exposed section of the floor that has slits in it from the factory.

Yeah the back seat is gross. If you like nice things and clean upholstery, don't have children.

I'm thinking that with the seats rotated, I could fit a big bed there for the kids. Not sure yet how to make a platform that wouldn't be too big to carry. A table would be nice too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dustboy, I'm in the early stages of a design to use a table with a marine pedastal that will lower the table to rest on the front seats and bench seat to form a bed for the kids. We'll throw a trip fold mattress on top. I've I get something working I plan to post, but I'm focused on insulation at the moment. Great job on the swivels! Glad to hear the brake is easier now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed my passenger side swivel on the weekend. I have the 10-way power seats on my 2020 and although it went together quickly, the 10-way presented some challenges that needed to be overcome.
  • the connector which is mounted in the center of the seat would hang up on the swivel lever's pivot bolt when the seat moved forward whilst at it lowest elevation. I noticed that and moved the connector left, where it could be tyrap'd a little higher and avoid the pivot bolt when moved forward.
  • what I didn't notice was that the fore-aft travel motor carrier hung up on one of the 6 swivel-circle bolts when the seat moved fore-aft and cracked the plastic motor carrier, allowing it to drop even further and then interfere with the swivel-circle bolts when rotating the seat. 😖 I tyrap'd a metal bar to the carrier that now keeps it above the swivel-circle bolts when rotating the seat.
  • Also, the supplied washers were large enough to interfere with fore-aft travel range. Smaller diameter washers solved that issue.

I used an oscillating tool with wood blade to make a nice cut on the door side skirt. The other side was good as-is.

Interestingly, when the 10-way seat is at it's lowest, some wires exert pressure on the fore-aft motor carrier pushing it lower than its normal resting state, which increased interference with the swivel-circle bolts. I'll be watching for that and electrical connector interference when tackling the driver's side this week.

The swivels were delivered quickly (4 days?) and were it not for the electrical bits on the 10-way, installing the passenger side swivel would have been a 1-hour job at most.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I need to add a note to my initial review.
While there is zero slop in the swivel bearing, there is some flex in the metal plates. I can feel the seat tilting slightly under acceleration and cornering. It’s not a big issue but I am working on some bushings that will make contact between the plates at the 4 corners to add rigidity.
Clearly there was a design decision between a thicker, more rigid swivel and a thinner, slightly more wobbly swivel. I don’t think I would want my seat to be any higher.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did the driver side swivel with my 10-way electric seat and it too has the same issue with the fore-aft motor carrier contacting the swivel-circle bolts and the swivel release lever pivot bolt. I managed to avoid breaking the plastic motor carrier and affixed a convex metal tray to the bottom of the carrier that lifts it slightly when traversing the bolt heads when swiveling or moving fore-aft.
Apparently the low motor carrier is an issue even without the swivel as the factory added a tape to the bottom of the motor carrier to help it noiselessly slide on the battery-hold-down bracket in stock configuration.
I also trimmed up the brake housing.
I've read that most swivels do not support 10-way seat installations and Ford doesn't allow the combination when ordering... now I understand why.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts