Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welp, I just pulled the trigger too. I guess there will be a lot of us reporting back about these units all at once.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered an F3 swivel from Amazing Auto LLC on December 6th and it was supposed to arrive on December 11th but nothing yet. Emailed Mark Wen twice but no response. Hope I didn't get ripped off! Anyone else order from him recently and have problems? Thanks!
Well, it finally arrived today but the FedEx tracking number indicates it still hasn't left Edmonds, Washington.....go figure! The swivel appears to be heavy duty and of very good quality. Hope to have time to install it soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, it finally arrived today but the FedEx tracking number indicates it still hasn't left Edmonds, Washington.....go figure! The swivel appears to be heavy duty and of very good quality. Hope to have time to install it soon.
Glad to hear it. This vendor seems like he's trying to build a little niche for himself. I read his stress test documentation. It seems like this may be more than a cheap, inferior option to Scopema. Ironically, I saw last night after my order that the Scopema are back in stock. I'm usually a "buy the best even if it costs more" type fellow, so I hope I don't end up with buyer's remorse. We're all in it together now!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ironically, I saw last night after my order that the Scopema are back in stock. I'm usually a "buy the best even if it costs more" type fellow, so I hope I don't end up with buyer's remorse. We're all in it together now!
Like you, I like to buy the best but only for the products that are well established and hold their place such a Porsche, BMW, 5-star restaurant. I am unwilling to be a victim of price scourging by the boutique shop. If you look at the Scopema seat, how much did it take for their R&D work? It is not rocket science. I refuse to pay $500 for a seat swivel. The same holds true for the german made diesel parking heater. This is a very low tech item. .... LOL

·
Registered
735 Posts
Like you, I like to buy the best but only for the products that are well established and hold their place such a Porsche, BMW, 5-star restaurant. I am unwilling to be a victim of price scourging by the boutique shop. If you look at the Scopema seat, how much did it take for their R&D work? It is not rocket science. I refuse to pay $500 for a seat swivel. The same holds true for the german made diesel parking heater. This is a very low tech item. .... LOL
I purchased the Scopemas and they appear to be of very high quality with tight manufacturing tolerances I have not installed them yet. Still need a van. The fact that they are tested and certified to meet German TUV standards was very attractive to me. The supplied bolts are grade 8.8 on the large ones and grade 10.2 on the small ones. Presumably the hardware is genuine. I was able to purchase a pair for $530 landed from the UK. That made the decision easy. I am fortunate to have a contact in the UK that would cross dock them for me. Took me a couple of hours to figure out international shipping and customs. (Might help with a Propex purchase too!) Not sure which direction I would go on swivels for a over a grand. I am a bit OCD about safety but also as cheap as they come. Helpful qualities in this case.

How is it that I can buy this item at (a typically high) UK retail price with 30% VAT, shipped to my contact and then re-ship them internationally door to door as a parcel for 1/2 of what they go for from the "van guys" on this side of the pond. Granted I did not have to pay any duty under de minimis import rules that a commercial importer might have to pay. But still, they should be paying wholesale and shipping at freight rates. So either they are not very good at purchasing and logistics or their markups are huge. My guess is all of the above. The fact that a competitor can sell a high quality product for significantly less does not surprise me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm with you 100%
I guess we will figure out if this is a practical option for us. For sure, the $449 plus shipping is crazy high. But it wouldn't be the first time that supply and demand drove up price on me. Luckily, install isn't so bad or deep in a build. Worse case scenario, I'm out a couple hours time and $200. Again, wouldn't be the first time. A bunch of us recently ordered them so there will be additional reports filtering in soon.

Link please? Thanks in advance
I saw the Travois ad on Facebook shortly after ordering the F3. I clicked the link and put the Transit swivel in my cart. I just now found the page in my history and there isn't an address for the site. The cart is fully functioning. Now that I look at this closely, its clear this is a fraudulent site. It looks identical to Travois' real site. I just went over to Travois' site from a fresh search and they're sold out still. So I guess this serves as a PSA too. Don't eat the brown acid or buy from the Travois Facebook site.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Had a warmer day today so decided to do the F3 swivel install (passenger side) before it gets cold again. Very pleased with how it turned out. Install was rather uneventful.....all the bolts lined up and did not have any problems. Like others have said, the bracket on the back of the seat base needs to be bent down or cut off for the seat to swivel freely; otherwise, there were no other modifications. Works great, feels solid, no wobble or rattles.....two thumbs up!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I saw the Travois ad on Facebook shortly after ordering the F3. I clicked the link and put the Transit swivel in my cart. I just now found the page in my history and there isn't an address for the site. The cart is fully functioning. Now that I look at this closely, its clear this is a fraudulent site. It looks identical to Travois' real site. I just went over to Travois' site from a fresh search and they're sold out still. So I guess this serves as a PSA too. Don't eat the brown acid or buy from the Travois Facebook site.
I also followed the ad and purchased from it. It went to a Travois West site that had a limited set of products on it, including the swivels. They showed up last week as ordered. I think the West site is based in Canada. It says North America scopema swivel super store at the top.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed on the passenger seat and it was a breeze! Had to cut the bar on the back of the seat, but once removed, the seat had plenty of clearance to rotate with the door closed. Hole alignment was spot on.

·
Registered
2106 148MR Cargo
130 Posts
Just did an install and made some listed the steps. Took less than 45 minutes, but there are a couple of things to be aware of. See here:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I got my swivel seat last week and had a chance to install the passenger side. Even with no instruction and directions on anywhere, I was able to install without much of a problem until I tried to rotate the seat. It turned out my 2020 10-way seat has a plastic molding (skirt) extended way past the seat pedestal. I need to trim off at least 4 to 5 inches, to make it rotate. It is going to be as ugly as **** :mad:

Does anyone have a better solution? TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the passenger side a few days ago, and started on the driver's side today. I realized that the install video skips how to modify the trim around the lowered parking brake- does anybody have information on how that is done?

The passenger side went fairly well, but I am sorry I missed RichBuilt's video before doing the passenger seat. I wish I had just bent the Latch bracket instead of cutting it off.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I got my swivel seat last week and had a chance to install the passenger side. Even with no instruction and directions on anywhere, I was able to install without much of a problem until I tried to rotate the seat. It turned out my 2020 10-way seat has a plastic molding (skirt) extended way past the seat pedestal. I need to trim off at least 4 to 5 inches, to make it rotate. It is going to be as ugly as **** :mad:

Maybe totally remove the skirt and dress up what's visible? If needed.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,122 Posts

Just to be clear, is the power seat raised to the highest position?

·
Registered
2019 T250 LWB EL High Roof 3.5L EcoBoost
39 Posts
Ordered the passenger swivel last week. Arrived in 5 days. Installed today., took about an hour, including time to gather tools and cut off the bar in back. Two thumbs up for no power seats in my van👍👍

Quality construction. Smooth operation, rattle/vibration free. Very satisfied with product. Will be ordering driver's side in the future, after I cogitate on the e-brake.

I moved the jack to storage in the back of the van. May cut down the back of the pedestal sometime, to regain easy access to storage space under the seat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine arrived quickly but was bent on one corner from a drop. I shimmed the corner with washers and everything bolts up and swivels nicely. Amazing auto refunded me $100. So while my experience wasn't ideal, I have $100 into a working swivel. There is a very, very faint rocking motion that can be noticed if I slide the seat all the way back. If the seat is centered on the rails, the rocking is gone/negligible. I'm assuming that this is typical of all swivels. This swivel is a good alternative to people hesitant to spend $400+ on a Scopema.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts