Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
HELLO, THANK YOU . THIS SWIVEL BRING 4 ROUND HEAD M8X25 BOLTS IS 12.9 . STRONG MORE THAN 10.9 。

I am very satisfied with the SW-1 swivel from Amazing Auto LLC. Installed easily and works great. No wobble or rattle, loaded or unloaded. Installed on the passenger seat and considering getting one for the drivers seat (dependent on my final build plans). The thickness measured at 1.25 inch, less than the advertised 1.5 inch. No complaints about that! No need to trim the trim panel on the sides of the passenger seat, it just barely clears nicely. Mount holes lined up perfectly on my unit.

The off center rotation axis seems to work well but I have no comparison to a centered design. The seat can be rotated easily if put anywhere close to center of travel. You can rotate with the door closed if needed.

As a mechanical engineer, this girl would not install a seat support (or any van hardware) that did not appear to be well designed and well made for safety reasons to keep me and my partner safe. I was surprised and pleased at the quality of this unit especially for $199. The swivel bearing is substantial and the clamp/preload bolts look to be of high quality. The supplied 4 swivel to seat mounting bolts and nuts appeared to be of decent quality but I plan to replace them with new Grade 10.9 bolts and new nuts of known provenance before my next road trip just to be safe. Will update this thread with some part numbers when I do that. View attachment 140195 View attachment 140199 View attachment 140200 View attachment 140198 View attachment 140197 View attachment 140196

·
Registered
2018 T250 MR 3.7L
42 Posts
Great product Mark, thanks for making it available! Concerning the 4x supplied M8 bolts for the seat to swivel: Your supplied Grade 12.9 bolts may be just fine but unless you have certification documentation from a known qualified and licensed fastener manufacturer to guarantee the specs then there is really no real way to be sure that the that bolts are of the grade indicated by the marking on the bolt head. The seat bolts are a high stress critical safety component in a vehicle so I prefer to use certified bolts from a qualified fastener distributor. Counterfeit fasteners have been known to get into the supply chain of some well-known companies and cause failures. I would not feel comfortable using any supplied seat connection bolts with any aftermarket swivel base kit (domestic, Asian or European) unless I could verify the fastener quality.

You are correct that a Grade 12.9 has a higher tensile strength than a Grade 10.9 metric bolt. For this application I would actually prefer a Grade 10.9 bolt since it would be less subject to brittle fracture due to impact loading while still having a very high tensile strength. The existing seat to base frame Torx head screws on my Transit (OEM Ford I assume) have some cryptic marking that I cannot decipher so it is not clear what grade the OEM bolts are. One safe approach would be to get 4 of the OEM Ford seat bolts and use them for the seat to swivel connection since they have presumably been safety tested for this application and have a controlled supply chain. Also important to use quality high strength hex nuts with the bolts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I ask fcactory grade12.9 certification . the 12.9 hard more than 10.9 .
Great product Mark, thanks for making it available! Concerning the 4x supplied M8 bolts for the seat to swivel: Your supplied Grade 12.9 bolts may be just fine but unless you have certification documentation from a known qualified and licensed fastener manufacturer to guarantee the specs then there is really no real way to be sure that the that bolts are of the grade indicated by the marking on the bolt head. The seat bolts are a high stress critical safety component in a vehicle so I prefer to use certified bolts from a qualified fastener distributor. Counterfeit fasteners have been known to get into the supply chain of some well-known companies and cause failures. I would not feel comfortable using any supplied seat connection bolts with any aftermarket swivel base kit (domestic, Asian or European) unless I could verify the fastener quality.

You are correct that a Grade 12.9 has a higher tensile strength than a Grade 10.9 metric bolt. For this application I would actually prefer a Grade 10.9 bolt since it would be less subject to brittle fracture due to impact loading while still having a very high tensile strength. The existing seat to base frame Torx head screws on my Transit (OEM Ford I assume) have some cryptic marking that I cannot decipher so it is not clear what grade the OEM bolts are. One safe approach would be to get 4 of the OEM Ford seat bolts and use them for the seat to swivel connection since they have presumably been safety tested for this application and have a controlled supply chain. Also important to use quality high strength hex nuts with the bolts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed a pair of the F3 swivels in my 2019 Transit. I believe Mark sells 2 models, the F1 and the F3. F3 has very stout construction and the swivel is offset. My van has the 10-way heated power seats. I also have the factory "push down" parking brake.

Installation is fairly simple once you wrap yourself around the process and what your specific configuration requires. I did not need to modify my parking brake. I thought perhaps I did and I went through the additional steps to remove the battery and unbolt the brake bracketry. My non-standard brake assembly can not be lowered and the bracket that came with the swivels is not applicable. Fortunately it is fine as is.

I did need to trim about 1/2" off the bottom of the door side plastic shroud on both seats. I assume the power seats allow the seat to sit lower over the tracks than the manual versions It's important to raise the seat as high as it goes before rotating, even with the modification. Cutting the plastic is quite easy when the seats are unbolted and resting on the ground. I used a jigsaw with a slow blade speed. Alternately the seat could be raised with longer bolts and spacers, but I wouldn't trust that solution in a crash.

Additional notes:
  • The bolts that hold the seat to the swivel need to have the head on the bottom and the nut on the top.
  • The supplied "fender" washers cannot be used below the nut. They will need to be replace with standard diameter washers to maintain the seat travel
  • I cut off the conical locating pin on the front of the seat pedestal

I literally spent hours messing with the drivers seat. The passenger seat took about 40 minutes start to finish since I knew what was required.

Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am very satisfied with the SW-1 swivel from Amazing Auto LLC. Installed easily and works great. No wobble or rattle, loaded or unloaded. Installed on the passenger seat and considering getting one for the drivers seat (dependent on my final build plans). The thickness measured at 1.25 inch, less than the advertised 1.5 inch. No complaints about that! No need to trim the trim panel on the sides of the passenger seat, it just barely clears nicely. Mount holes lined up perfectly on my unit.

The off center rotation axis seems to work well but I have no comparison to a centered design. The seat can be rotated easily if put anywhere close to center of travel. You can rotate with the door closed if needed.

As a mechanical engineer, this girl would not install a seat support (or any van hardware) that did not appear to be well designed and well made for safety reasons to keep me and my partner safe. I was surprised and pleased at the quality of this unit especially for $199. The swivel bearing is substantial and the clamp/preload bolts look to be of high quality. The supplied 4 swivel to seat mounting bolts and nuts appeared to be of decent quality but I plan to replace them with new Grade 10.9 bolts and new nuts of known provenance before my next road trip just to be safe. Will update this thread with some part numbers when I do that. View attachment 140195 View attachment 140199 View attachment 140200 View attachment 140198 View attachment 140197 View attachment 140196
Are you still pleased with the swivel adapter. I didn't see the SW-1 listed, could the number have changed?

·
Registered
2018 T250 MR 3.7L
42 Posts
Are you still pleased with the swivel adapter. I didn't see the SW-1 listed, could the number have changed?
Yes, it has worked out well. The swivel designations are confusing as they label it the "F3 Swivel for 2014-2020 Ford Transit" but the actual product number is SW-1 when you place the order. Still on the website listed for $199.

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
153 Posts
Yes, it has worked out well. The swivel designations are confusing as they label it the "F3 Swivel for 2014-2020 Ford Transit" but the actual product number is SW-1 when you place the order. Still on the website listed for $199.
I'm considering these swivels for my van, but have a simple question. I placed my house fuseblock on the inside of the back side of the passenger seat. Is there enough clearance on the back side to get a hand in there to change fuses?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2018 T250 MR 3.7L
42 Posts
I'm considering these swivels for my van, but have a simple question. I placed my house fuseblock on the inside of the back side of the passenger seat. Is there enough clearance on the back side to get a hand in there to change fuses?

Thanks for your help.
I have the base manual seats and with the passenger seat at full forward travel limit there is good access to the space open between the swivel and the back of the seat base. See pics. The gap is about 3 inches in the narrow dimension. Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
153 Posts
I have the base manual seats and with the passenger seat at full forward travel limit there is good access to the space open between the swivel and the back of the seat base. See pics. The gap is about 3 inches in the narrow dimension. Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info.
Spectacular! Thank you.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I have one of these on order for the passenger side and am really looking forward to the room and utility this will provide.

Thanks to all who have posted up their experiences. Sounds like a lot of happy customers.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Transit AWD High Roof EcoBoost
26 Posts
Here is my install video! In my experience, I would recommend the passenger side, but I could not get a good fit on the driver's without modifying the bracket so it would lower the E-Brake lower.
Video:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do any of the folks that have the F3 Swivel installed, also have a diesel heater installed under the passenger seat? I am trying to see if there are any fitment issues with these swivels and a small diesel heater. TIA.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ordered an F3 swivel from Amazing Auto LLC on December 6th and it was supposed to arrive on December 11th but nothing yet. Emailed Mark Wen twice but no response. Hope I didn't get ripped off! Anyone else order from him recently and have problems? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
153 Posts
I ordered an F3 swivel from Amazing Auto LLC on December 6th and it was supposed to arrive on December 11th but nothing yet. Emailed Mark Wen twice but no response. Hope I didn't get ripped off! Anyone else order from him recently and have problems? Thanks!
I ordered one on the 15th and according to FedEx, it will be here Monday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered on Oct 26 and received on Nov 05; no issues. Shipping route was Portland OR to Alexandria VA. I received a FedEx Ground tracking number and was able to follow.

·
Registered
213 Posts
When I check the FedEx tracking number it states: "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel". Essentially, it has been sitting in Edmonds, WA since December 6th waiting to be shipped....frustrating!

·
Registered
499 Posts
When I check the FedEx tracking number it states: "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel". Essentially, it has been sitting in Edmonds, WA since December 6th waiting to be shipped....frustrating!
Hmmm, I ordered on the 17th and was shipped out on the same date. Today it arrived in VANCOUVER, WA, and on route to East Coast. it will be delivered on the 23rd.
Hope you did not get lost. Last week UPS lost our bike and nowhere to be found. It is a bad time of the year for online purchasing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hmmm, I ordered on the 17th and was shipped out on the same date. Today it arrived in VANCOUVER, WA, and on route to East Coast.
It's interesting it went through Vancouver, WA as I live in Portland, Oregon, and just met up with one of the guys from the manufacturer and got a pair for my new 2020 XLT Wagon. Maybe they ship in bulk to the guy in Vancouver, and then he then sends them onward to US customers?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I put our Renogy DCC50 (MPPT/Dc to Dc charger), a 30 amp breaker for the solar, 70 to our battleborn and 80 from the CCP to the DCC50 all under the passenger seat after a Scopema on heated/power seats (I can easily see all the status lights and trip any breaker). There'd still be room for other rarely needed to access items. I didn't remove any material.
I like that idea. Makes it very hard to steal any of these.

41 - 60 of 111 Posts