Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this swivel base online. Anybody have ant experience with them?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interesting:
  • This is not the cheap quality swivel that sale on AliExpress, please DO NOT even compare them, there are two different level products.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What a poor idea to compare your product with a product from AlliExpress! It downgrade the product immediately!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I guess that's a no go. I need swivels too, but they are so pricey!
I think you should buy these and give us a review.
I talked to him on the phone. Hard to understand, heavy Chinese accent. He has them in stock. $35 and 4 days shipped to Southern California,

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope someone gives these a try. I have tried, Swivels R us and discount truck, will probably try the Scopema next although they are almost $900 a set. The battery clearance on the driver's side is an issue that I am not certain any manufacturer is addressing honestly. Also I think the height issue is a big deal as even an 1 1/2" is more than is comfortable. The discount van swivel for the drivers side can be made to be less than an inch but you have to throw the battery box away and reposition the single battery between the swivel rails. It doesnt seem like these swivels should be $450 per but i guess it is whatever people are willing to pay. If there is a better alternative that would be awesome! I bet factory swivels are nice. Wonder if you can retrofit those?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I installed them on my 2020 and i'm happy with them. They have a thick block of teflon in between the metal which I guess helps with rattle and so they feel more stable. I don't hear any rattle or even notice they are there even when I don't have anyone in the passenger seat. They seem solid, i'm 6 foot tall and it didn't add too much height. If you slide the seats to the right position you don't need to open the door while swiveling, drivers side since it had to be flipped leaves the swivel knob at the front but it's no big deal. For the price and complaints i've heard from some of the more expensive options I don't seem to have with these I think they are great. The holes were a bit tight when installed but I didn't need to drill them out or modify them to fit at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh and I didn't address the battery clearance. I have a single battery, and it fit just fine with the cover on but the seat wire harness was getting smashed and really needed to be run directly in the middle of the hole which required trimming the cover and running the harness directly up from there so no part could potentially get caught in the bolts in the swivel around the hole.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They moved the jack for the 2020 it's no longer under the seat. The hole is pretty big, but i'm not sure if you could wrestle the jack out of it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok thanks
That's where my lug wrench and jack handleis stored.
I wonder if I can fit my jack in there as well?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I am willing to give up the storage under the passenger seat.
Can you use that space with the more expensive swivel bases?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm not sure, I haven't come across that mentioned in reviews maybe someone else knows. I saw some of them look like they have a notched out section at the front or rear that might allow that but not sure how practical it is to use the space under the seat with a small opening like that. In the faroutride swivel reviews it seemed like ones with that design had more wobble and rattle. For me it was the most important to not have that but i'm using the area below the passenger seat for my heater and not storage.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put our Renogy DCC50 (MPPT/Dc to Dc charger), a 30 amp breaker for the solar, 70 to our battleborn and 80 from the CCP to the DCC50 all under the passenger seat after a Scopema on heated/power seats (I can easily see all the status lights and trip any breaker). There'd still be room for other rarely needed to access items. I didn't remove any material.

·
Registered
2018 3.5L Eco cargo to camper conversion
14 Posts
I don't think I am willing to give up the storage under the passenger seat.
Can you use that space with the more expensive swivel bases?
You can get to the storage with the passenger side Scopema. It is technically possible to get the jack out but it took some effort. I decided to relocate the jack instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
HELLO, THIS #1SWIVEL FITTING DRIVER SEAT AND PASSAGER SET, WE HAVE A PAET FOR DOWN LOW HAND BREAKE. SEE PICTURE, THANKS

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for posting that, I picked up the pair I got from you and you gave me the bracket but I wasn't sure how it fit haha. I converted to an electronic parking brake but I was afraid about failure, so I decided to switch back to the manual brake with your bracket. I trimmed the plastic down and it fits pretty well.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts