Which is your Transit and use case?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'd love to get a breakdown of what the demographics of the forum are in relations to type of Transit you've got and how you use your van.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Family vehicle for us. Only three kids, but one is in a power wheelchair, so needed a bigger van to haul the chair. So far we think we made the right choice.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Family vehicle for us. 5 kids, 12 passenger MR EB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I see there's currently 1 of 22 showing commercial use. I know there are 8 or 10 or more commercial guys that have been through the forum. Most are just not active right now... put their rigs together, and are out there making a living.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Van for work here. T350 Mid LWB EB.

Carpenter by trade, specialize in hardwood installs solely now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cargo van. Commercial use, expedited freight business.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nobody with a wagon for commercial yet. I assumed someone would have one as the ultimate shuttle van.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2016 Wagon 350 XLT med roof LWB bought for Handicapped son converted with Wheelchair lift in the rear door, removed all seats from the rear except the 3 right behind the drivers seat and seat right next to the sliding rear door. Purchased in April have only driven it for 500 miles.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Camper here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damien89 representing the wagon for commercial! Are you using yours as a shuttle or something else?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bone stock, white T350 sliding door, 3.7L, 15 passenger. We have 4 kids (all in car seats) and decided to have greater flexibility in the seat department. Removed the jump seat nearest the slider for easier ingress and egress, and to have a nice spot for a cooler.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Amish Taxi

We use our 15 passenger 2015 Transit 350HD to transport the local Amish around town and on long distance trips. It has really worked well for us and them. They especially like the extra height to stand up in the van - both getting in & out as well as to stretch during the drive - and the extra cargo space behind the rear seats. I put a wire rack back there for their luggage and boy do they use it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We use our 15 passenger 2015 Transit 350HD to transport the local Amish around town and on long distance trips. It has really worked well for us and them. They especially like the extra height to stand up in the van - both getting in & out as well as to stretch during the drive - and the extra cargo space behind the rear seats. I put a wire rack back there for their luggage and boy do they use it.
Somehow I think this might be the most unique one I've heard. Is this a common business where you are? Amish Shuttle?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts