Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I unfortunately went with the 6 speaker upgrade for $700 but I dont think the head unit has enough power for 6 speakers. does anyone else have an Issue with the volume decreasing on it's own to about half after about an hour? I took it to my ford dealership & they said the radio was heating up so they replaced it ... twice. still has the same issue & fords response is for me to turn the radio down.
I'm thinking about adding an amp so I'm not relying on the radio's output power & hopefully it will fix my issue with the radio heating up, any suggestions?
I went with the stock radio because of the large buttons but I'm starting to think it was a $700 mistake.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I don't hate the mid-range system... but, due to music having been recorded at different levels, I sometimes find a CD that I've ripped, where I can't get the volume up high enough to satisfy.

I listen to mine at 25-30 almost constantly. As far as volume change, I note that, after parking, and restarting the van, the volume is always back down to a "safe" level, around 18. Sometimes I think the volume has gotten lower, as I come to a stop. And... maybe it has. There's an adaptive volume feature that I have engaged at a low level. As I drive faster (more road noise), the stereo gets louder. So, I guess it makes sense to get lower, as I slow down. You might experiment with that, in the settings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eddie
"There's an adaptive volume feature that I have engaged at a low level. As I drive faster (more road noise), the stereo gets louder. So, I guess it makes sense to get lower, as I slow down. You might experiment with that, in the settings."
Tried that, I've turned that feature off

I like the mid-range system's big buttons & easy to use but the volume decreasing after an hr of driving is annoying.

Thanks for your advice & reply

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’ve been having this same issue with both of my Transits as well. I’ve tried everything and I have done a lot of research to try and resolve this issue. The conclusion I came up with is, the only way to be able to drive and listen to my music at my preferred maximum volume without it lowering would be to just replace the whole head unit to an aftermarket radio. Turning it off, up or down will not work. The noise reduction is built into the radio itself. I understand the point of it and I’m sure it can be very useful BUT we should have the option to be able to turn it off completely. A new dash kit is anywhere between $50-$100 and depending on what radio you choose they can be anywhere from $200-$1000. If you love music and like it played at high volume then I think it is definitely worth the money!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts