Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be one of the 2 stock ordered Transits we ordered back on December 1, 2019 and if it is on schedule, we should have it near the end of June. This will be a highly equipped MR 12 passenger van and if you have been looking for one, they are hard to find one on a dealer lot with this many options.

Here is a highlight of the options on this 12 passenger van. With a $1000 deposit, you can lock in on getting this van once it arrives at Matt Ford.

2020 Ford Transit X9C (T-350 MR 148" WB AWD)
Blue Jeans exterior
Ebony Leather 10 way power/heated front seats with 12 passenger seating
3.5L EcoBoost engine
3.73 Limited Slip rear axle
Front Wheel Liners
Keyless Entry Pad
HD Trailer Tow package w/Trailer Brake Controller
SYNC 3 radio with Navigation
Perimeter Anti-Theft Alarm
Adaptive Cruise Control
Vehicle Maintenance Monitor
Dual 250 amp Alternators with Dual Batteries
Forged Aluminum Wheels
Extended Range 31 gallon fuel tank
Extended Length Running Boards (short board on driver, full length for passenger and side door)
Dual Note Horn
2 additional keys (4 total keys)
HD Tray Style All Weather Floor Mats
Auxiliary Fuse Panel
HID Headlamps
Privacy Glass

MSRP on this AWD passenger van is $60,710. Online window sticker should be available around June 1st and we will add it to this forum thread when available.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was originally scheduled for WEEK of March 16th, then to DAY of April 9th, rescheduled to WEEK of April 13th on March 16th. It was given a production DAY of April 15th on March 19th, then moved the next day to WEEK of April 20th and later that day to production DAY of April 21st. This was at the point the plant closed (March 19th) so the schedulers were moving orders based on the plant just being closed for a week or two.

When things were moved further back, they just stopped scheduling production until they got a definite date to restart the assembly plant. Other moves at this point......

WEEK of May 4th...(3/26)
Day of May 5th...(3/27)
WEEK of May 18th...(4/3)
Day of May 18th...(4/3)
WEEK of May 25th...(4/6)
Day of May May 27th (4/6)

Once the UAW told Ford not to plan any short term return for workers to resume production, the schedulers just held off making any changes until they got word of a REAL STARTING DATE. Looks as though that April 30th was the date they knew something was definite as this is what is currently listed for this Transit passenger van.

WEEK of June 8th...(4/30)
Day of June 11th...(4/30)

Nothing has changed on the order since this transaction on the Ford Vehicle Visibility report. More orders were changed on May 1st with more updates on May 15th and May 22nd. Even yesterday they changed more of the Transits from WEEK of dates to EXACT DAY. I will be emailing all of my Transit customer on their changes in the next few days as it looks like those may be the eventual dates for production.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This will be one of the 2 stock ordered Transits we ordered back on December 1, 2019 and if it is on schedule, we should have it near the end of June. This will be a highly equipped MR 12 passenger van and if you have been looking for one, they are hard to find one on a dealer lot with this many options.

Here is a highlight of the options on this 12 passenger van. With a $1000 deposit, you can lock in on getting this van once it arrives at Matt Ford.

2020 Ford Transit X9C (T-350 MR 148" WB AWD)
Blue Jeans exterior
Ebony Leather 10 way power/heated front seats with 12 passenger seating
3.5L EcoBoost engine
3.73 Limited Slip rear axle
Front Wheel Liners
Keyless Entry Pad
HD Trailer Tow package w/Trailer Brake Controller
SYNC 3 radio with Navigation
Perimeter Anti-Theft Alarm
Adaptive Cruise Control
Vehicle Maintenance Monitor
Dual 250 amp Alternators with Dual Batteries
Forged Aluminum Wheels
Extended Range 31 gallon fuel tank
Extended Length Running Boards (short board on driver, full length for passenger and side door)
Dual Note Horn
2 additional keys (4 total keys)
HD Tray Style All Weather Floor Mats
Auxiliary Fuse Panel
HID Headlamps
Privacy Glass

MSRP on this AWD passenger van is $60,710. Online window sticker should be available around June 1st and we will add it to this forum thread when available.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I normally order these passenger vans with the Full Length Vinyl flooring but not this one. With the Leather seating, it sometimes sells a little better with the carpet. I have another Kapoor Red exterior with Palazzo Grey Cloth interior that has the Full Length Vinyl Flooring that is in the 'Unscheduled - Clean' status that can be changed.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even though Matt Ford is closed today so their employees can enjoy the Memorial Day holiday, I am available online and via phone. With a $1000 deposit, you can lock in this van as your order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tell me more about the red kapoor van-you said it is in status that can be changed? Does this mean extra time for the build?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have some more of the X9C 12 passenger vans that have preview orders but in the 'Unscheduled - Clean' mode so we can still make changes to them, even change the exterior colors on them. The advantage on these orders are that they have October order date slots that may give them priority over placing a current order in the Ford system.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tell me more about the red kapoor van-you said it is in status that can be changed? Does this mean extra time for the build?
This passenger van does not have a scheduled build date yet so some changes can be made to the order. Certain options may be locked into the order that we can't change so we just have to use the ' trial and see' if they can be deleted and others added based on what Ford has locked in for that particular order. The longer the order sits in the Ford order system, the more chances that certain options get locked in so Ford can place the option ordered to the supplying vendor for producing and shipment to the plant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a Honda Ridgeline that is nearing the sweet point in miles for reselling it. I need to make a move sooner than later and I really like all the options offered in the blue vans, but would prefer the red color if there is not too much of a delay.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The blue ones are scheduled to be finished June 11 or that is the start to build date?
The listings are the projected BUILD DATE and we should have it within 8 to 14 days after that based on our last deliveries. Even though we are 24 miles from the plant and the holding lots are either 20 to 24 miles from the dealership, that has been the history for local deliveries. That may be changed with the cleaning out of Transit vans from the plant with it being shut down and the transportation companies making those deliveries with very few left to deliver.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has not been pulled for production yet so unsure when it would be scheduled. It may get a July build date but more than likely sometime in August. As it is now with it being at the top priority for a stock ordered unit, it would be August. By changing it to a customer order, the priority code could be moved from 20 to a range of 10 to 18 that would possibly move up the pull for getting a build date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As we get closer to 6/1 would there be a way to get a more definitive answer? I will definitely put a deposit on one of them. Can we work out the details tomorrow?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I only know the information on the Blue Jeans passenger van and can't tell you any more on the Kapoor Red van. If Ford pulls the Red one for production, I won't be able to change any options as it has right now. I am keeping it in its current options listing unless a customer wants to make a custom order to it and pay the $1000 deposit for a custom order.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Understood. You said the red one has the X9C pkg. Does that have the same options as you listed for the blue vans? The one thing missing from the list above is what size mirrors-I would prefer the power short arm version.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts