Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much wiggle room are you guys seeing off the sticker price? I've narrowed it down to two, looking to close a deal in the next couple of days. Looking at pretty well loaded 350XLT wagon, low roof, 3.5 w/lim slip. Dealer coming $6,500 off sticker. What kind of numbers are you seeing?

· Registered
245 Posts
I think it varies widely by dealer and region.
$6500 off sticker is kind of vague. Was sticker msrp or above?
There are rebates right now and the next update in rebates should be out soon.
You should be able to negotiate a price under invoice.

HH

· Registered
1,286 Posts
The dealer I finally bought from showed me the order screen as we built the van. It showed MSRP and Invoice prices for all options side-by side on the screen. There were also Factory "employee pricing" incentives involved, a dealer discount and a Costco $1000 discount.

I ended up further below Invoice than I expected, but its all smoke and mirrors, lucky timing, and shopping around.

Your deal seems decent to my eyes FWIW.

· Registered
245 Posts
I had invoice from a print off when I was looking at a 2015. It helped me with pricing out a 2016.
From my calculations your price of 43,800 is right about at invoice.
The dealer pays less than invoice.
So if you started at invoice and took off the $2150 you would be at $41650.
Then there is dealer holdback that you could negotiate which is 3% of msrp. This is built into the price. So that would have their cost below 40,100. Depending on how long it's been on the lot and mfg incentives to order new models, there's no telling what they actually paid for your van. Only a dealer could tell you.

But at least you have those numbers to work from. If you pay invoice it's still a lot better than most people do. A lot of people are taking the rebates off msrp.

HH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.