Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on the Facebook group is in the process of ordering a 2021 and his salesman says that selecting option 57A to delete the dash button will keep the van from stopping/starting at red lights. It appears to only remove the option to disable it, which may be desired by a fleet manager who does not want their drivers to shut it off.

@[email protected] do you have any insight on this?

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, the wording is awkward as it is in much of the order guide. It would seem that removing the ability to override the Start/Stop feature would leave it functioning all of the time. My understanding is that the purpose of the switch/button is for disabling the feature on a given trip, not enabling it.

As written, grammatically it indicates that it simply deletes the button that allows you to disable start-stop. If there was a comma before the word which it would clearly indicate that deleting the button disables the feature.

If it indeed deletes the Start-Stop function, then It would be clearer to label it Auto Start-Stop Delete, there would be no need to mention a switch or button.
Clear as mud, lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
The language here could definitely be clearer, but my understanding is that it is an option meant to cater to fleet managers who do not want to give their drivers the option to turn Start-Stop off.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think we need more written clarification.
This is the next "trick" up Fords sleeve like the chrome grille....
So I order the "switch delete" on my salesman's word that it "eliminates stop/start" from the vehicle and when I get my van just "switch delete" happened and now I cant even turn it off every time....
Salesman just shrugs...
How much is this "switch delete" option?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
So who is the one to first test this option out? Guess I can search other local dealers who have ordered it and go check one out. I think it has the same setup as the Ambulance package that was on the 2020 Transit I had a customer order and it had the 3.5L EcoBoost and NO button for the Start/Stop. On the drive out from Matt Ford the vehicle never cut off the engine when we stopped in front of the dealership or at the red light at the crossover road.

·
Registered
Transit 2020 148 ext high roof cargo
85 Posts
So who is the one to first test this option out? Guess I can search other local dealers who have ordered it and go check one out. I think it has the same setup as the Ambulance package that was on the 2020 Transit I had a customer order and it had the 3.5L EcoBoost and NO button for the Start/Stop. On the drive out from Matt Ford the vehicle never cut off the engine when we stopped in front of the dealership or at the red light at the crossover road.
I believe Eddie you even took a picture of it.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
OK...GUYS Cary has made a retraction from his previous email to me. Quote.."I fed you some BAD information."

The optional Switch Delete makes the Auto Stop/Start STAY ON ALL THE TIME and CANNOT BE TURNED OFF!

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK...GUYS Cary has made a retraction from his previous email to me. Quote.."I fed you some BAD information."The optional Switch Delete makes the Auto Stop/Start STAY ON ALL THE TIME and CANNOT BE TURNED OFF!
Thanks for checking and following up this!

·
Registered
2020 148 HR AWD on order
98 Posts
Not to hijack this thread too much, but I really like the stop/start feature. I have no interest in turning it off unless I was maybe I’m doing some tricky offroad maneuvering. Works flawlessly and it’s gotta save fuel. And I live in a city with lots of traffic lights so it’s in frequent use. My friend has it on his F150 V8 and likes it too. I just don’t get the hate ... now I may change my story if it fails to restart when I’m stopped on the railroad tracks. Though if that happens I might not be around to tell about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

This sure has become confusing. So the 2020 you sold your customer with the Ambulance Package did NOT have the switch on the dash (meaning it has the 57A option "start stop switch delete") and the engine did not shut off when stopped at lights??? Logically, it would seem if it had the switch delete, so you couldn't turn it on or off, it just wouldn't have the ability to stop the engine at lights. Do you know if this 57A option was a listed option on the Ambulance Package for 2020? Is this 57A a brand new option for the 2021 cargo vans with the Ecoboost??

·
Registered
Transit 2020 148 ext high roof cargo
85 Posts
This sure has become confusing. So the 2020 you sold your customer with the Ambulance Package did NOT have the switch on the dash (meaning it has the 57A option "start stop switch delete") and the engine did not shut off when stopped at lights??? Logically, it would seem if it had the switch delete, so you couldn't turn it on or off, it just wouldn't have the ability to stop the engine at lights. Do you know if this 57A option was a listed option on the Ambulance Package for 2020? Is this 57A a brand new option for the 2021 cargo vans with the Ecoboost??
Ok, I’m that customer. It was a 2020 with ambulance package. In 2020 I don’t think they had a start stop delete.
it makes sense. You don’t want an ambulance with all the equipment powered by the engine to stop at a stop light. (Can you imagine the respirator stopping ??). The dual 250 amp alternators and dual batteries are also with the ambulance package.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I’m that customer. It was a 2020 with ambulance package. In 2020 I don’t think they had a start stop delete.
it makes sense. You don’t want an ambulance with all the equipment powered by the engine to stop at a stop light. (Can you imagine the respirator stopping ??). The dual 250 amp alternators and dual batteries are also with the ambulance package.

Does your van have the Ecoboost? I assume is does NOT shut off at stoplights?? Do the 2020 Ecoboost's shut off at lights if they don't have the ambulance package??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts