Upload 12 to 18mb -

can play several devices High rez - Zero Buffer
can finally read text on videos - Clear Picture - Its WOW -

Cloud Sky Ecoregion Plant Art

·
Registered
2021 AWD Ecoboost High Roof
199 Posts
Just went to the Starlink website to seethe price...is it $500 a month?
$100/month - $500 to get the dish. FWIW, it is estimated that the dish itself costs starlink somewhere in the neighborhood of $2000 to make.

Also as an FYI, starlink does not technically allow users to move their dish around willy nilly. They are allowing beta use of the system right now by specific geographic location.

·
Registered
2022 R2V Ordered 11/23/21
39 Posts
Did you take yours away from home and it still worked? This might be an amazing option for me on rare occasions. I have StarLink at home, but have never tried moving it.
I think most of them now are loosely geo locked. You should be able to take it a short distance, but you likely won't be able to take it on longer trips yet. I've had mine ordered for over a year, date keeps getting pushed.

·
Registered
2016, MR, 130"
1,126 Posts
Starlink changed my world! I have lived off the grid and in the sticks for the last 25 years. At my old place I had a phone so I could do rickety dial up. Then I got ViaCrap, which was an improvement but not by a whole lot and the data cap was brutal. Then I got Starlink. Wow! So awesome.

Don't use mine mobile. Don't want or need internet when boondocking. The dish is too big and heavy for me to want to drag around anyway.

·
Registered
2022 R2V Ordered 11/23/21
39 Posts
They’ve been unlocking roaming over the last few weeks. Lots of action and updates on the rv starlink Facebook groups. Mine arrives today!
That's great to hear. I haven't been actively following since it just makes me sad I'm still waiting on mine. lol.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
a lot of people getting starlink dishes recently -
saw 5 new vids on people getting in last 3 days -
so maybe wait be over soon -
I ordered last april 11th -

dish roll out seems to be from North to south in US -

·
Registered
2016, MR, 130"
1,126 Posts
@GROOVY2 Thanks for this encouraging report. 40 watts is better than I expected.

Does anyone have experience with Starlink reception in trees?
It uses 140 watts if it is cold as it has am internal heater. Trees will lower bandwidth quickly. It really needs an unobstructed view. Some friends of mine tried theirs with a few trees and it was choppy as the seats passed.

Reactions: andyl

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
40 watts better than expected me too -
ordered another battery - lol -

just did 3 speed test row down 90mb 220mb 252mb - WoW -
did not do / change any settings -

this location dish does not move around
points Same direction - Same Spot in sky -
340 % N -

if i move dish location on ground - dish will Zero straight up -
then moves to spot in sky - very cool - robot -
takes 7 ish seconds to do complete move - quick / quiet

some locations dish may track -
have not seen it track this location yet -

zip tied cable bundle - 30 ft long - -

Starlink = 10 000s More Great Places to Camp -
Makes camping Way More Fun. --

Now can get some science channels -

Cloud Sky Wood Dusk Table

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Starlink router / wifi /dish is 110v - draws - Idle 33w - working 40 watts - startup was 70 watts 1 minute -
even the smallest inverter will work - power supply is Inside Router - can not power directly with DC -

speeds vary alot - 120mb to 240mb - Always Crazy Fast - upload highest 27mb - its WOW

Operating system Font Computer Screenshot Software

·
Registered
788 Posts
Starlink changed my world! I have lived off the grid and in the sticks for the last 25 years. At my old place I had a phone so I could do rickety dial up. Then I got ViaCrap, which was an improvement but not by a whole lot and the data cap was brutal. Then I got Starlink. Wow! So awesome.

Don't use mine mobile. Don't want or need internet when boondocking. The dish is too big and heavy for me to want to drag around anyway.
How big? How heavy? Is it completely impractical for van camping? What about snow?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts