Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to mount a bunch of small wall mounted hooks around the periphery interior edge of our colorado camper van pop top, so as to get small backpacks, jackets, flashlights, etc... off the floor and hang them up. I want the hooks to be safe from banging your head, or in an accident, so would like to find some that would retract or lay flat when not in use. I found these cool looking marine spring loaded wall mount retractable hooks, but can't find them available in the US. Has anyone found a similar product available in the US?
https://www.locksonline.co.uk/Spring-Loaded-Coat-Hooks-in-Brass--Chrome.html

Many Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
660 Posts
I'm puzzled I googled - spring loaded coat hook - and found several.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I’ve never liked ‘freely’ hanging things in my van. They get to swinging around making racket while driving over bumps and stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use these above my sliding door, not spring loaded but they fold up and can hold an entire bag of climbing gear while bouncing around on rough roads. I like the look of them as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spring loaded coat hook
Using the same
I use these above my sliding door, not spring loaded but they fold up and can hold an entire bag of climbing gear while bouncing around on rough roads. I like the look of them as well.

Jsheehan, thanks! I have been looking at those but had some concerns that, without a self closing mechanism, they would rattle open on bouncy dirt roads and/or generally make noise. I don't plan to have stuff regularly hanging from them while driving, However while parked I wanted to have a bunch of these in order to have different options to get daypacks, headlamps and other small items off the floor. In your experience, when they are shut do they stay closed? It looks like they might have a set screw that adjusts how tightly they close....
Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe they do have a set screw, but they are quite snug to begin with as I have never adjusted them and they have never dropped down on there own. When closed there is no rattle. They really come in handy when parked as my shower doubles as a closet so all of my jackets and wetsuit have to come out and hang when showering.
Hope this helps.
Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts