Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to place a custom order in Southern California but most of the dealers I have spoken to don't seem to know much about the custom orders, or have a lot of experience selling vans for the purpose of campervan conversions.

Anyone have a good experience around here? Would go up to LA or down to SD.
Appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
They probably don't sell enough Transits to have a allocation to get what type of Transit you need. Did you get the CrewVanMan 2021 B-O-B Transit Service booklet yet? You need to be a little smarter than the average dealer to find out if they know how to order one and be able to get it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m going through Kearny Mesa in San Diego. Price was really good and the guy in charge of fleet ordering seemed knowledgeable and he’s also a vet.

HOWEVER.....
I’ve been calling about progress on my order (ordered 12/16), and he doesn’t have any news for me. I am hopeful that it’s the same issue that everyone else seems to be going through that ordered the adventure package. I’m giving it 2 more weeks then I’m going to reassess from there.

in hindsight, I wished I would have gone through crewvanman and ordered it with him. I did use his service though and it was instrumental in figuring out the options I wanted.
If I decide, to reorder, I’m going to do it through crewvanman. At least I know that he has the allotment to get the rig I want built. And anything that happens to hold up my build is outside of his control

1 - 3 of 3 Posts