Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered myself a new 2019 Ford Transit-150 RWB(130) MR.

The dealer told me it will be 6-8 weeks until I get my van which is a bad time for me so I'm trying to do whatever I can now in the mean time.

Anyway, I can't seem to find any roof rack solutions that work for me so I'm looking to fabricate my own solution. In order to do this I need to know the spacing between the factory mounting points?

Could someone with roof racks please measure the distance from each roof rack center to center? And how many inches away from the very back the rear mount is? This would be super helpful as I would be able to fabricate something while I'm still free and would only have to drill out holes for the screws/bolts when my van comes in. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,650 Posts
There are actual CAD drawings of the roof in many of the existing "Roof Rack" threads on this forum. Searching for that might be faster than waiting for someone to measure theirs.

·
Super Moderator
1,650 Posts
I have a question for you Hein,

I'm out of the country for a while and don't have my van with me, so can't just get up there and look. Based on the diagram above, it shows 104" (about) for the distance from the front pads to the rearmost pads on the Extended. Does that mean that there aren't any pads at the back of the extended? 104" seems about 30" - 40" shorter than the available roof space. I was hoping to build a rack that goes all the way to the rear to mount rear facing lights on it. I saw a thread where you posted a picture of the roof from above but haven't been able to find it again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Helpful stuff for sure now does anyone with the 130wb know roughly how far approximately the rear mount is from the very back of the van?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd say if your local dealer has a 130 wb in stock, I'd go and take hard measurements myself or try and find someone local who'll let you measure theirs, I'd be hard pressed myself to fab something off of someone else's dimensions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say if your local dealer has a 130 wb in stock, I'd go and take hard measurements myself or try and find someone local who'll let you measure theirs, I'd be hard pressed myself to fab something off of someone else's dimensions.
I thought of this too but they don't have ladders so I don't know how I'd be able to check the roof. Kind of need my van for that which I don't have 😞

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know it's not dimensioned, but at least it can give you a visual of what your gonna' be up against...http://www.eurocampers.com/2015--2019-Ford-Transit-H1-3-Bar-Aluminum-Low-Profile-Roof-Rack-System_p_1480.html
My guess is just under 2 feet? I want to fab something with 5 racks and either 120" or 126" total span with the last rack on the far back so I don't need one of those roller bars a lot of people have. My OCD would also want them evenly spaced apart so roughly 30-31" apart and I want to make sure none of those bars are directly over where I would need to bolt into the Vans roof.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can measure from the inside of the van. The mounting points are centered in each roof rib, just measure the centers from there and when you get your van you can drill the mounting holes in the base plate of your rack. This is my van, you can see where the base plates will mount, each of those are centered on the roof ribs, which are exposed on the inside of a cargo van...

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
This may help....

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
I recently ordered myself a new 2019 Ford Transit-150 RWB(130) MR.

The dealer told me it will be 6-8 weeks until I get my van which is a bad time for me so I'm trying to do whatever I can now in the mean time.

Anyway, I can't seem to find any roof rack solutions that work for me so I'm looking to fabricate my own solution. In order to do this I need to know the spacing between the factory mounting points?

Could someone with roof racks please measure the distance from each roof rack center to center? And how many inches away from the very back the rear mount is? This would be super helpful as I would be able to fabricate something while I'm still free and would only have to drill out holes for the screws/bolts when my van comes in. Thanks in advance!
This may help........

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts