Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I like that low roof, great for individuals and companies that need to access the roof often, in some cases this being for a Ladder.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised they not only got their hands on these already, but that they've also managed to already sell a good number of conversions on them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Since the production line hasn't gone live yet in the Kansas City Plant (Late April says local UAW 249), it would appear they have a pre-production conversion mule and are pre-selling units for when they start getting actual units from ford in May/June.

I guess it's not uncommon for up-fitters to get pre-production copies to develop from.

I will say that I really do like the look of the low roof. I hope the interior of the wagon is tall enough in low roof guise to be comfortable for my purposes (family hauler). I'd prefer to avoid the medium roof just for the garage/parking issues it brings up, not to mention the mileage penalty. Mine will be a daily driver, so 95% of the miles don't require full capacity.

·
Registered
370 Posts
really Interested in the low roof extension model:). I just hope the back door has at least 50" in height

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
really Interested in the low roof extension model:). I just hope the back door has at least 50" in height
I think specs list it at 49.5 inches for low roof models. The link on spec thread lists all dimensions, including rear door heights for three roof models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Since the production line hasn't gone live yet in the Kansas City Plant (Late April says local UAW 249), it would appear they have a pre-production conversion mule and are pre-selling units for when they start getting actual units from ford in May/June.

I guess it's not uncommon for up-fitters to get pre-production copies to develop from.
Pre-production cars are not supposed to be certified for private sale though...this is interesting.

I'm surprised they not only got their hands on these already, but that they've also managed to already sell a good number of conversions on them.
It is fascinating that they claim to have already sold 22 AND have a picture of one. Could they have some of the first Transits out there?

·
Registered
18 Posts
My guess is they are training new workers. If you look at the shot of the interior you can see a dual wheel vehicle. Maybe they are doing test runs on the new line. There are a lot of things to work out with a new line with a new crew. Not just the line workers but the line maintenance crew.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like a **** nice van!

Too bad they don't offer that side door option on the bigguns... I'd much prefer it over the slider. Nothing but a headaches

1 - 13 of 13 Posts