Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping for a van but all i find is white vans , i'm thinking i would buy a white one for a cheap enough price but then i'll have to do something to change the color.
I'm thinking of painting it , i can't think of any other solutions.

·
Registered
760 Posts
There are some awesome decals and such for vans.... if you don't want to do stealth. http://www.moproauto.com/vans/ just for instance. I have some templates for small scrolling etc that I might do in a translucent gold mist... maybe not something you see from a far but enjoy close up?

There is also a product called Gallery Glass... I've used in the past to make my home french doors look like stained glass... it peels off after years of use, if you want to change it or go plain....

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I've been shopping for a van but all i find is white vans , i'm thinking i would buy a white one for a cheap enough price but then i'll have to do something to change the color.
I'm thinking of painting it , i can't think of any other solutions.
One of the reasons they are white, is that tradesmen and corporations may "wrap" them with custom graphic and logos. Wraps can be designed to look like paint schemes. I'd look into that. With paint, you have the worries about proper prep work, or cheesy masking around fixtures, if everything's not removed... and more expense if everything is removed.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a white one.... considering a vinyl woodgrain wrap to give it the "woody" look. About 15" tall by 15 feet long. $380 installed

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was in the same boat. Instead of settling for white, I increased my search radius. I found this silver van 800 miles from home but $4000 cheaper than any white van I could find close to home. A $347 one-way airline ticket plus a $23 Lyft and I was in the dealership. I drove it home in one day, which probably added $100. Be creative and you don't have to settle for white.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was in the same boat. Instead of settling for white, I increased my search radius. I found this silver van 800 miles from home but $4000 cheaper than any white van I could find close to home. A $347 one-way airline ticket plus a $23 Lyft and I was in the dealership. I drove it home in one day, which probably added $100. Be creative and you don't have to settle for white.
@njbill in an effort to help the original poster and others, what did you use as a search tool? If I remember correctly the online tool only allows 100 or 200 mile search from designated zip code. I guess you could keep changing zip codes or befriend a dealer who could do this for you :)

BTW...one of the reasons that I ordered mine was the non white color option (nothing against white...just not my preference).

·
Registered
163 Posts
@njbill in an effort to help the original poster and others, what did you use as a search tool? If I remember correctly the online tool only allows 100 or 200 mile search from designated zip code. I guess you could keep changing zip codes or befriend a dealer who could do this for you :)

BTW...one of the reasons that I ordered mine was the non white color option (nothing against white...just not my preference).
I used cargurus.com. It allows you to search nationwide by color and specific wheelbase and roof height.

·
Registered
212 Posts
FYI, I used Cargurus also. I'm in NJ & flew out to Wisconsin for mine. I negotiated the best deal then said I'll take it if you give the remaining $700 off which in turn paid for my flight, gas & hotel. Flew out of newark friday morning, dealer picked me up. Was at the dealership 9 am, left at noon, travel to ohio got a bed & was hone for dinner saturday night. My van was limited. End of year might bring great pricing but it also means low inventory. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I also found my van via Cargurus. And I used Autotraderonline.

solution for a white van? After a month of muddy, dusty backroads it won't be white anymore. Or take it to BurningPerson and EVERY vehicle is white.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts