So I'm planning to install a Fantastic Vent next week, and wire in a portable 100w solar panel. Additionally, I'll install a 12v socket for an Edgestar fridge we're moving over from our Vanagon. I have the double battery setup, and was planning on wiring the fuse panel for all electrical gizmos to the starting bank until I install a house bank.
1. Will the fused charge controller and fused panel protect the gizmos from blowing, or do I need another inline fuse in there as well?
2. Is it okay to solar charge the starting bank, and does it matter which battery to connect it to?
3. Should I just go ahead and grab a deep cycle house battery and build my install around that?
1. Future electric requirements are pretty basic. Lights, fridge, fan, propex heater, and 12v charging for devices. Maybe a 12v TV if we get crazy.
2. We're in GA, with an imminent move to NV, then a move to the PNW 2-3 years after that.
3. We're pretty low maintenance and tend to favor simple, but safe, solutions.