Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Snorkel

13681 Views 33 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Chile1
Anyone know the part number for the snorkel on this transit? I have a 3.7 but it would fun to see the differences between the airboxes and if it can be modified or just work straight up on my transit.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
10,292 Posts
Have you guys checked into Australian parts for Transits? They seem to have a lot of "off-roady" type thingies there. Maybe they would ship to USA/Merikuh?

Reactions: 1x1_Speed_Craig

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Have you guys checked into Australian parts for Transits? They seem to have a lot of "off-roady" type thingies there. Maybe they would ship to USA/Merikuh?
I have one shop I talked to in Australia and he’s helping me find something over there. I haven’t heard from him in a few weeks so it might be time to check in and see how progress is going.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Quick update, that shop in Australia fell through. I have a shop in China though, that is looking into the possibility of making a snorkel. I just talked to someone from that shop last night (and I also sent out a feeler to another shop in Van Nuys, CA but haven't heard back yet). The shop in China, they require a bulk order. If anyone is interested in a snorkel, let me know. And as soon as I get some pictures, prices, and more info, I'll update again.

Reactions: surly Bill

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Maybe we can get Ed @CrewVanMan to order from RMA under Matt Ford :)
At the bottom of this brochure is the RMA contact for USA
That's a great idea Lance! @CrewVanMan would that be something you could help us out with? I've tried personally calling the US contact number and was quickly told they couldn't help me since I was a private consumer. I'm definitely still interested in getting that snorkel specifically and have struck out in almost every other avenue.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Curious any news on connecting with RMA?
Nothing yet. It’s been on the back burner for me lately though. I’ve been finishing little tidbits on my van and enjoying the heck out of it since I finished school in February. I have some lost time to make up for with my kiddos!

Reactions: surly Bill

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Don't know if this will end up going anywhere but they have a March 5, 2022 availability date. We'll see what happens.

· Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if this will end up going anywhere but they have a March 5, 2022 availability date. We'll see what happens.

Current production date has been moved to 25Jul22

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
We're chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow on this one I think. Available 1 Dec 22 now.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts