1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
275 Posts
unfortunately that one is facing the wrong way.
Not necessarily. ARB snorkels face forward, and they seem to be the gold standard snorkel manufacturer (and offer a ton of other great off-road products, as well).

The one in the original post has much better aesthetics that the Acme Overland one, though.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the snorkel on this transit? I have a 3.7 but it would fun to see the differences between the airboxes and if it can be modified or just work straight up on my transit.

That looks very sharp. If you're serious about adding a snorkel for actual water crossings, be sure to seal your vehicle side trim holes (they'll leak), and raise the breathers on your rear differential and transmission to a high point on the vehicle. ARB makes a differential breather kit that could be used for this. I already have one to install on my Transit...not because I need it, but because I had it left over from a previous project that I sold.

Craig

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks very sharp. If you're serious about adding a snorkel for actual water crossings, be sure to seal your vehicle side trim holes (they'll leak), and raise the breathers on your rear differential and transmission to a high point on the vehicle. ARB makes a differential breather kit that could be used for this. I already have one to install on my Transit...not because I need it, but because I had it left over from a previous project that I sold.

Craig
Definitely not for water crossings, but I'll keep your advice in mind! The current airbox is plenty high enough for any water I would drive through. I'm looking for dust control when in a caravan down in the desert. Post some pictures up of your breather relocation if you have any, it would be fun to see. My transit is the only 4wd I've owned that I haven't done that to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here's a different version from the aftermarket.

You are my hero! I have been googling and searching for a snorkel since I have owned this van. Looks like this company is just starting up as everything says "coming soon". Hopefully they get moving on this sooner than later!

edit:
Looking at closer, I would like it to go a little higher on the windshield. Kind of an awkward stopping point from the pictures on their website.

·
Registered
928 Posts
In the originally posted PDF, I love that you can get a reflective vest as "optional equipment".

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I sent a message to Global Fleet Sales asking about it probably 2 weeks ago now and have not heard anything back yet. Figured I'd give them some extra time to respond with all this covid nonsense, but I think on a normal day it's going to prove to be quite the feat to accomplish. Where there's a will there's a way though!

They even have one on an ambulance:
Hopefully this becomes a realistic option for us in the states.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I sent a message to Global Fleet Sales asking about it probably 2 weeks ago now and have not heard anything back yet. Figured I'd give them some extra time to respond with all this covid nonsense, but I think on a normal day it's going to prove to be quite the feat to accomplish. Where there's a will there's a way though!

They even have one on an ambulance:
Hopefully this becomes a realistic option for us in the states.

Thanks for the update, and for the link to the ambulance pic.

Yeah, I tried to call Global Fleet Sales a couple days ago, and didn't even get a voicemail message...just continuous ringing. I thought the same thing about waiting it out a couple weeks, and waiting for life to start its "reboot".

·
Registered
162 Posts
You have me for an order up to a budget of $2k, I would like to get everything from the airbox to snorkel as I would imagine, also I have some 4wd industry contacts if we need the order to come through a company.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Soooooo.... I got a return call from a Karen or a Sharon from Ford Global Fleet Sales in Michigan, I don't remember her name now. I asked about finding the snorkel to buy and the thing she was most concerned about was what company I worked for. When I told her I was an individual trying to buy the snorkel or get a part number for it she instantly went into "get this guy off the phone" mode and answered "I'm not sure," or "I don't know," to my questions, and kept telling me they don't sell to individuals. So it looks like we'll need another way to get the part. I have an inquiry into RMA group who appears to be the authorized outfitter who kits the vehicles out of Thailand. Based on my call with Ford Global Fleet Sales, I'm not as optimistic anymore. It would be pretty amazing to get that snorkel kit for our Transits though. I'm definitely getting a sense of the Transit being the redheaded stepchild of FoMoCo. Hopefully it's just a matter of time but there's definitely some disappointment on my end. I'm definitely not a fan of that snorkel from Acme Overland with about 90% of the trails I drive through having the potential to turn that design into a tree hook.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Soooooo.... I got a return call from a Karen or a Sharon from Ford Global Fleet Sales in Michigan, I don't remember her name now. I asked about finding the snorkel to buy and the thing she was most concerned about was what company I worked for. When I told her I was an individual trying to buy the snorkel or get a part number for it she instantly went into "get this guy off the phone" mode and answered "I'm not sure," or "I don't know," to my questions, and kept telling me they don't sell to individuals. So it looks like we'll need another way to get the part. I have an inquiry into RMA group who appears to be the authorized outfitter who kits the vehicles out of Thailand. Based on my call with Ford Global Fleet Sales, I'm not as optimistic anymore. It would be pretty amazing to get that snorkel kit for our Transits though. I'm definitely getting a sense of the Transit being the redheaded stepchild of FoMoCo. Hopefully it's just a matter of time but there's definitely some disappointment on my end. I'm definitely not a fan of that snorkel from Acme Overland with about 90% of the trails I drive through having the potential to turn that design into a tree hook.
I need to add that I don't know if that snorkel is an Acme Overland design or not. My inquiries to them regarding the snorkel have gone unanswered, so it may be a one off deal that the owner of that van built up himself. I'm not sure

1 - 20 of 23 Posts