Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
unfortunately that one is facing the wrong way.
Not necessarily. ARB snorkels face forward, and they seem to be the gold standard snorkel manufacturer (and offer a ton of other great off-road products, as well).

The one in the original post has much better aesthetics that the Acme Overland one, though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone know the part number for the snorkel on this transit? I have a 3.7 but it would fun to see the differences between the airboxes and if it can be modified or just work straight up on my transit.

That looks very sharp. If you're serious about adding a snorkel for actual water crossings, be sure to seal your vehicle side trim holes (they'll leak), and raise the breathers on your rear differential and transmission to a high point on the vehicle. ARB makes a differential breather kit that could be used for this. I already have one to install on my Transit...not because I need it, but because I had it left over from a previous project that I sold.

Craig

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks very sharp. If you're serious about adding a snorkel for actual water crossings, be sure to seal your vehicle side trim holes (they'll leak), and raise the breathers on your rear differential and transmission to a high point on the vehicle. ARB makes a differential breather kit that could be used for this. I already have one to install on my Transit...not because I need it, but because I had it left over from a previous project that I sold.

Craig
Definitely not for water crossings, but I'll keep your advice in mind! The current airbox is plenty high enough for any water I would drive through. I'm looking for dust control when in a caravan down in the desert. Post some pictures up of your breather relocation if you have any, it would be fun to see. My transit is the only 4wd I've owned that I haven't done that to.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here's a different version from the aftermarket.

You are my hero! I have been googling and searching for a snorkel since I have owned this van. Looks like this company is just starting up as everything says "coming soon". Hopefully they get moving on this sooner than later!

edit:
Looking at closer, I would like it to go a little higher on the windshield. Kind of an awkward stopping point from the pictures on their website.

·
Super Moderator
1,666 Posts
I suspect that like most snorkel kits, the part that attaches to your airbox and transitions from inside the engine compartment to outside the A pillar is vehicle specific. The rest might be universal enough to extend the snorkel higher.

·
Registered
713 Posts
In the originally posted PDF, I love that you can get a reflective vest as "optional equipment".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts