Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Have your side mirrors fallen apart at the joint where they bend?

• 1. Yes mine fell apart without being hit.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 2. Mine still work fine after 1-3 years.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Mine still work after 4+ years.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side mirrors (just power mirror on top no heat) on my 2016 fell apart at the joint where they fold. Looks like white metal fatigue. Anyone one else experience this. Drivers side fell off two years in passenger side just over 4. Seems they last longer if not moved as the drivers side gets folded in more often. They drivers side has not been hit to the best of my knowledge, the passenger side was once though that side lasted longer.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Andrew_F,

After replacing my turn signal a couple of times, I saw how they were held in. So I occasionally push the mirror in (when I'm outside the wagon ) thinking they may vibrate out of the housing. Don't know if they will or if this is the same as your situation, but it makes me feel like I'm preventing them from coming loose.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine hang by the power cable, will double check and take a picture, upload it over the weekend.

Andrew_F,

After replacing my turn signal a couple of times, I saw how they were held in. So I occasionally push the mirror in (when I'm outside the wagon ) thinking they may vibrate out of the housing. Don't know if they will or if this is the same as your situation, but it makes me feel like I'm preventing them from coming loose.

Semper Fi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts