Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 350 XLT HD passenger van converted
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post pics of successfully mounting a Lagun table mount on the slider pillar. Passenger van trim made it only slightly more annoying, just used some nylon spacers to to fit behind the trim and fill in the space. Looks and works great! Mount is from this guy...I believe he is a member here: Lagun Table Mount for 2015-2021 Ford Transit Camper Van | Etsy

Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Line

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Fender

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice install. Do you have a point of view on using the Left hand vs right hand Lavin kit with this configuration?

I have a pretty tight entry with a cabinet there. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice install. Do you have a point of view on using the Left hand vs right hand Lavin kit with this configuration?

I have a pretty tight entry with a cabinet there. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Sorry I don't follow? Lavin kit?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean the Lagun kit is sturdy but imo it's not the same as an rv pole mount table. In this location it does the job it's supposed to for me, swings outside, provides table for passenger swivel and provides table for rear passenger seat while being not so in the way. If it is in the way, you can remove it easily or swing it out of the way.

I too have a sliding door limiter installed and even with that the table mounted here is fine. This would however depend upon the the size of the table top which is your responsibility and not part of the Lagun or mount.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for replying back. Apologies for the typo I apparently autocorrect doesn’t like Lagun.

I don’t think I did a very good job asking my question. Let’s see if I can do better.
The Lagun comes in a left hand and a right hand version. It appears you have the left hand. I believe The version dictates which side of the post the put the black adjustment handle on. In your install - you get the benefit of the handle “not being in your lap” and facing “outward”. The trade off is that if you were to swing the table out of the way - you would have that small handle “in the path” that you use to enter and exit. In my case that’s only about 18 inches - so I was uncertain if it would be better to have it essentially facing “outward” - which is what you have - the left hand version that isn’t in your lap but is in the way when walking by…. Or the opposite, the right hand, facing inward, maybe hitting your knee while sitting but totally clear for the person coming through.

I should mention when I refer to it being in the way - I’m assuming the Lagun is swung back out of the path so a person can get through.
Appreciate any opinions you have here. Seemed like the kind of decision that would be easy to make after it was installed. But a little to do before.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get it now. So far I haven't noticed the handle in the way when walking in. I'm tall so having the handle hitting my knee, potentially would be annoying IMO.

Honestly, I don't think its a big deal either way.

·
Registered
2021 AWD MR Crew 148
42 Posts
@Tcaschy021 Thanks for this post, very helpful. I think these mounts are cool but I have a crew van with the plastic trim on the B pillar so was not sure it would work. Now that you confirmed it can be done I ordered one last night. Can you share what size spacers you used? I could figure it out with trial and error but you could probably save me some time!
Thanks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Tcaschy021 Thanks for this post, very helpful. I think these mounts are cool but I have a crew van with the plastic trim on the B pillar so was not sure it would work. Now that you confirmed it can be done I ordered one last night. Can you share what size spacers you used? I could figure it out with trial and error but you could probably save me some time!
Thanks.
I'm not 100% but for the bottom bolt I think I used 1/2" and top 1/4" Again I used nylon but to make it super sturdy I would use a metal ( I just had some nylon on hand).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just installed this same mount on my wagon. I used some nylon spacers behind the trim so I could tighten the bolts without deforming the trim too much. Unfortunately, even with the bolts tightened it seems rather wobbly. It seems solidly mounted, but the table (even the super small one I have) wobbles a bunch (twists side to side, not up/down). I bet it would move a lot less without the plastic trim in the way…the mount would sit flat against the pillar and prevent the twisting motion.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've found that if I have the vertical lagun piece all the way down and actually hitting the floor, it helps with any flex in the mount. But really though, I'm not sure I have what you are describing. I even have a 1.75" thick piece of faux IKEA butcher block counter top as a table and its not super wobbly. IDK

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
1,493 Posts
The wobble leaves me curious. Zero wobble on ours. Maybe the bigger plate with more solid mount points? We made it large enough to hit the lower D-ring bolt as well as the two upper bolts. 🤔

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive design

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its funny because I do not have an OEM hole down at the bottom like you have bolted there. Did you add that?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Its funny because I do not have an OEM hole down at the bottom like you have bolted there. Did you add that?
No, it was there. I might have had to thread it. Can't recall? It's one of the large seat-belt / D-ring bolts, I think.

Yeah... it's the same one I used as a ground on the other side:
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle door Motor vehicle

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think that hole might be covered up by the raised floor in the passenger wagon(maybe?). Indeed, adding that attachment point would prevent the twisting motion that I have with my setup. I think mine twists a bit because the plate is only fastened by the two bolts so nothing prevents slight forward/aft movement of the plate with the lever arm of the table attached to it. I bet this wouldn’t be a problem if I removed the plastic trim because I could tighten the plate all the way down to sit flush on the pillar. I’ll keep fiddling to see if I can make it more stout.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I think that hole might be covered up by the raised floor in the passenger wagon(maybe?). ...
I bet you're right. It is below the floor level on my self-added floor.

For anyone doing this in the future, might be better to cut down below that floor to install a larger plate.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts