Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as a 3 panel sliding bulkhead door. I am looking to slide the middle and passenger side panels over behind the drivers seat so that I can use the passenger side swivel seat. I couldn't find anything premade and I don't have any metalworking skills to make this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have thought about the possibility of mounting a roll up (or is it roll down) hurricane shutter to a commercially available bulkhead frame. The Kargo Master brand partition frame appears to create a square opening. The shutter would require a ~6" housing across the top header.

I am not sure if replacing just the passenger panel would provide provide enough clearance for the swivel seat. It might be necessary replace both the center and right panels. This would make front to back access less convenient than a door. If the roll up was to span the entire width of the van then 2 swivel seats could be accommodated. Less than full width would probably also require the addition of an additional vertical beam.

I'm interested I hearing any input folks have on this idea.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to maintain the look of a contractors van for stealth camping. Steel bulkhead, work vests on the seats, magnetic signs on the sides, etc. the back of the bulkhead would be fabric similar to the rest of the build out. I guess I could buy a standard steel bulkhead and cut it into 3 separate panels, mount roller tracks and retrofit the panels with some type of wheel/bearing to slide them.
Just wondering if this has been done by anyone?

·
Registered
2019 HR 3.7 250 LSD 4.10 Dual Batt/Hvy Dty Alt/Tow Pack
8 Posts
I want to do the exact same thing. I was thinking of using 8020 extrusions to make the sliding mechanism, frame and door frames; then use plastic sheets for two skins of each door with insulation sandwiched between the skins. A lot of work but I expected their wasn't anything pre made. And especially not with insulation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts