Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Slider window replacement 2015 tall long recommendation?

987 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Dman
hello, We live near Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio and are considering replacing the sliding door factory window on our 2015 tall extended Transit. We are gradually converting it into a hat hauler/camper for recreation and our traveling hat shop business and need more ventilation than our fantastic fan can supply.
We have been considering the CR Laurence window but have heard there my be problems with the fit of the replacement
into the factory opening.
Can someone please clarify this and give us tips on which window manufacturers may be best for our situation?
Thanks.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,442 Posts
Sometimes the forum search box works, I just got 453 results for CR Laurence window

· Registered
2020 148 HR AWD
345 Posts
@Capehart I have a van on order with the fixed glass in the slider and have been thinking of swapping it for a CRL window with opening. CRL’s website explicitly states it’s not interchangeable with factory glass, but the statement seems a bit generic and a local,van shop thinks it should fit. I contacted CRL customer service but no reply :( So let’s share any info we get. Thanks.

· Registered
2020 148 HR AWD
345 Posts
Van windows direct has an AMA window which the recommend as a direct replacement for the factory passenger sliding door window. I think we’ve decided on a CRL on the driver side and keep the factory window on the passenger side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.