Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts

I am more than happy to make one different. But look at the following picture below. I have circled the holes I am using in the current version.
Driley,
Would this work on a mid length & height passenger wagon?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Grab bar

I installed the grab bar from 395 Fabrication with the existing handle bolts. Very well made. I can grab onto the lower handle and drag my self up into my 250 mid roof cargo van with a little less stretching. I am pleased with my purchase. It is a great little provememt over the handle I made for the back door. Nice weld and finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wanted to add that I recently received and installed this handle. Fit and finish were both perfect, looking forward to seeing what else 395 Fabrication can make for the Transit.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have some grab bars with minor blems available this weekend. Blem Friday sale ;)

$40 each. Discount is added automatically when you add a grab bar to your shopping cart.

The blems are very small. Minor scratches or defects in the powder coating.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have some grab bars with minor blems available this weekend. Blem Friday sale ;)

$40 each. Discount is added automatically when you add a grab bar to your shopping cart.

The blems are very small. Minor scratches or defects in the powder coating.

Nice! Cheap and blemished is just my speed :)

How do you like Google as a payment processor by the way? Was thinking of setting up something for me and my wife's side business and that's a big decision to make.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Anyone confirm that the wagon has the same bolt pattern? Very likely but not sure if plastics actually use same holes.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Anyone confirm that the wagon has the same bolt pattern? Very likely but not sure if plastics actually use same holes.
These are not a good match for the wagon because of the plastic. The holes may be there but it would required cutting the plastic to mount the grab bar. They really need to be installed flush against the B pillar metal in the van.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am making some longer grab bars for the slider door entrance. They bolt onto the existing holes. Working out pricing still but putting up a pic as a preview. Should have these ready to ship in 1-2 weeks.

Been planning these for a while but I saw Ford Transit Offroad posted some pics of some recently... so to be fair and because they posted about these earlier, just mentioning that they may be a source as well.
I may be interested also. Please keep me updated.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts