Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making some longer grab bars for the slider door entrance. They bolt onto the existing holes. Working out pricing still but putting up a pic as a preview. Should have these ready to ship in 1-2 weeks.

Been planning these for a while but I saw Ford Transit Offroad posted some pics of some recently... so to be fair and because they posted about these earlier, just mentioning that they may be a source as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am making some longer grab bars for the slider door entrance. They bolt onto the existing holes. Working out pricing still but putting up a pic as a preview. Should have these ready to ship in 1-2 weeks.

Been planning these for a while but I saw Ford Transit Offroad posted some pics of some recently... so to be fair and because they posted about these earlier, just mentioning that they may be a source as well.
Very nice, will be interested when you have a price. Feel free to contact me on with purchase details, Ron

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same. Looking forward to more info - price and date available.
Super interested. Looking forward to some more info.
I’d be interested.
Very nice, will be interested when you have a price. Feel free to contact me on with purchase details, Ron
Awesome job, looks good. I would recommend making it symmetrical so it would fit the driver side as well. For those of us that have dual sliders.
Nice work. The rear door pillars have threaded holes for grab handles. Will yours fit the rear too?

The initial price will be $80 for the grab bar as pictured.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds reasonable.

Would you post one or two pictures of the holes you are using and he far the bar moves in.

I have a Laguna table mount down there and will be making a screen for my slider in the next couple of weeks.

Other than that, let me know how and when to order.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds reasonable.

Would you post one or two pictures of the holes you are using and he far the bar moves in.

I have a Laguna table mount down there and will be making a screen for my slider in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks.

Picture below of the lower part of the grab bar. It would not be a problem to make one a bit shorter to avoid the Lagun mount if that is what you need.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe you have a high roof. I have a mid roof. Are the hole placements the same? If so, I am also interested. I was just coming up with ideas to help getting in and out of the van, but your design is better than what I was thinking of.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am interested in one of the side door grab bars.
Sounds reasonable.

Thanks.

Same. Looking forward to more info - price and date available.
Super interested. Looking forward to some more info.
Awesome job, looks good. I would recommend making it symmetrical so it would fit the driver side as well. For those of us that have dual sliders.
Hey Everyone,

Sorry for quoting everyone but wanted to let you know that the slider door bars will be shipping soon and I am taking pre-orders with a $15.00 discount. Use code TransitUSA for the discount.

Link below to my website with the grab bar and one new item I am working on. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

https://395fabrication.com/

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Has anyone confirmed if this will fit on the driver's side as well?
I don't have access to a dual slider to confirm. But if you have a stock Ford grab handle on that side, and a series of threaded holes down below, it should.

The hole spacing is just over 23" on this grab bar.

If it looks like it will work, and does not, you would get a full refund.

Hope this helps.

Devin

·
Registered
226 Posts
Driver side should have the holes but mine are not threaded, some vehicle might be. It should still work, you will just need to add a plusnut.
I must have missed the post about the table mount. I have a table mounted on the pass side as well. Can I just get two that use that next bolt up, like 5" shorter on the bottom?
Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Driver side should have the holes but mine are not threaded, some vehicle might be. It should still work, you will just need to add a plusnut.
I must have missed the post about the table mount. I have a table mounted on the pass side as well. Can I just get two that use that next bolt up, like 5" shorter on the bottom?
Thanks
I am more than happy to make one different. But look at the following picture below. I have circled the holes I am using in the current version.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I see, my bad. I guess I was looking at the old photos on the forum. That new one and the ones on your website look good to go. I will be placing an order soon. Thanks again

1 - 20 of 34 Posts