Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the planning stage of a 130wb Mr van.

Just trying to get some feedback on adding a slide window in 130wb.

How effective window will be and how it would look. I will be adding a platform need sleeping east to west. Will it get in the way sleeping east to west.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
I assume you're thinking to add a side window behind the sliding door. Most people sleeping east-west have a large window on the sliding door and a 10 inch high window up high behind the slider. Then they sleep with their head/feet below the window. Looks fine. I don't know how a window is going to make a large box on wheels look any worst.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I put some sliding windows in the back at the head and foot of the east to west style bed. I installed them as high as I could while still being able to have room for the jig saw to make the radius cults and not run into the beveled lip of the body panel. They were easy to install, it just took a bit of time to confirm where to stick them, because their are very few straight lines on the exterior of the van. I ended up just had a friend hold the template up and decided where it looked in line with the roof contour. I marked and measure it, then used those measurements for the other side. I made 1/2 plywood frames that sit directly on the interior sheet metal, to give it some extra support, as the walls are very flimsy. These are CL Laurence windows ~ 33x10". They did not come with a template which would have saved some time. Its also easy to over torque the screws and strip out the aluminum, I did this once on each window and had to add an extra screw point.

I have not slept in it yet, so I can't tell you if they get in the way. but they do not protrude very far. With the fan going and the two windows open they move a lot of air. So I think it will be great for sleeping in the summer. They also come with screens.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts