Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, currently I have an extremely heavy gauge "pigtail" (male outside, female inside the rig that I have ran up through the bottom of my Transit behind the driver's seat that I use with a an additional, male/female ended cord to an external power source. I use an industrial grade 3 way plug on the inside of the van for my shore power. It works excellent for running my portable A/C, or space heater etc. When needed. I am looking to install something more permanent and less tacky looking and have debated on other options. Primarily a residential, 4 breaker panel box wired into a 4 outlet j box has been rolling around in my head as a solution. Has anyone done something like this with any success? Is there anything out there commercially available to fill this roll that is right out of the box ready to wire up, say van/ RV specific? Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
What you have now can work very well. Just wire it in permanently. I only need a 15 amp connection. No need for 30 amp. In my case I have two sources of 120 volt AC power. Normal shore power or "shore power" from a vehicle powered pure sine inverter. Use a 3 position selector switch to select the power source. After the 3 position selector switch I have a two pole 15 amp circuit breaker. In my case I can use the shore power for three uses. Power the shore power charger and 120 volt duplex outlets or to power the 750 watt shower water heater or power the 750 watt electric air heater. After the circuit breaker there is a 4 position selector switch used to select what device I want to power.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I got her done awhile back. Pretty much installed a residential style set up. Work's well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts