Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always have a copy of the factory shop manual for all the vehicles I own. I found this on eBay.

Has anyone had any luck with this? TIA

Reactions: BobCollins

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I always have a copy of the factory shop manual for all the vehicles I own. I found this on eBay.

Has anyone had any luck with this? TIA
Sellers feedback for these manuals seems good. Of the few negative most appear to be idiot buyers.
You always have some recourse through E-bay or your CC.. Worst case is $40.
I've been thinking about getting one of those discs too. Just waiting for your feedback. :)

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Helm Incorporated is the company who has had the factory shop manuals in the past. They have moved from more of the printed version to the CD-ROM now and you can get those for the 2015-2020. Pricing starts at $186 for each year model and you can get the owners manuals as well as any published manuals that would come in the vehicle originally.

www.helminc.com is the website for this information.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
@
Helm Incorporated is the company who has had the factory shop manuals in the past. They have moved from more of the printed version to the CD-ROM now and you can get those for the 2015-2020. Pricing starts at $186 for each year model and you can get the owners manuals as well as any published manuals that would come in the vehicle originally.

www.helminc.com is the website for this information.
Do you know if the software/interface has been improved on this. I recall reading some "less than favorable" opinions posted on this product.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have a 2018 CD I'd sell for 50% of new (plus shipping). Mine was one of the louder "unfavorable opinions", but it does still contain much useful information if you can grit your teeth while using it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sellers feedback for these manuals seems good. Of the few negative most appear to be idiot buyers.
You always have some recourse through E-bay or your CC.. Worst case is $40.
I've been thinking about getting one of those discs too. Just waiting for your feedback. :)
Ordered :p
OK, I will stop having a cup WaWa coffee for the next 23 workdays. LOL

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ebay: Some of those are for the Euro-Transit...
You could be right!!!
There is a statement in the seller's description:
It can be freeware freely distributing. According to the EU Laws reported in July 2002 N1400/2002 Article 4, car makers must give to independent garages and other interested persons access
to repair information. Selling workshops, Technical Repair, Technical Specification informatio, Catalog for parts and diagnostic data for vehicles doesnt constitute any kind of infringement rights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So you can get the real deal, what the bad boys at the ford garage use from www.motorcraftservice.com in the form of a subscription. For $20 you can go nuts over 3 days pulling up anything and everything you ever wanted to know about your Transit (or any other Ford vehicle, for that matter). It's searchable, cross linked, and easy to use.

Probably the best option if you're planning a weekend of wrenching and want some strategy but don't want to wait for a CD.

·
Registered
2018 Transit 250, LR, 130" WB, 3.7L, 3.73 LS Diff.
44 Posts
I have a 2018 CD I'd sell for 50% of new (plus shipping). Mine was one of the louder "unfavorable opinions", but it does still contain much useful information if you can grit your teeth while using it.
I might be interested... is it the www.helminc.com version or the one from EBAY?

Is it the Euro-van version?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So for the monorcraftservice Ford version, does the 3 day pass let you make copies of images/pages so you can carry them to the car? Is it just a giant web page with millions of sections and subsections? Or is it some kind of custom document format that makes it impossible to review content outside the app?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Was it you that had to resolve some computer issues to get the Helm CD running? If so I gather all is good now?
Yup. Needs to seriously get with the times (that probably dates ME) but perseverance prevailed.

Reactions: njvagabond

·
Registered
21 Posts
So for the monorcraftservice Ford version, does the 3 day pass let you make copies of images/pages so you can carry them to the car? Is it just a giant web page with millions of sections and subsections? Or is it some kind of custom document format that makes it impossible to review content outside the app?
Yes, I printed/saved a number of sections as pdfs, you can print anything you like. It would be quite exhaustive to try and capture the whole thing, but a good spider could probably do it (provided Ford hasn't built in mechanisms to prevent that)

attached are a few examples of things I saved.

It is fairly chopped up, especially the wiring section, so expect to make a bunch of pdf's if you're trying to view a complete system with connection locations, schematics, connector pin outs, etc. (audio wiring, for example).

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ah good to know. Yeah if I had to pay for the service when I start all the way until I actually complete it I would have to sell one of my kids to pay for it.

QQ: Does the system function by clicking on numbers/hilights to drill into additional detail, so from a page with a bunch of call outs on it you have to click down several levels to get to the detail? Or is it organized in a more traditional page manner?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Looks identical to the Helm CD.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts