Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shame about Kapoor Red no longer being available.
Noticed a couple Fords with that colour when the sun hit them.
Looked good.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Shame about Kapoor Red no longer being available.
Noticed a couple Fords with that colour when the sun hit them.
Looked good.
Perhaps if they offered the proper colour matched interior it might have sold better (... and TWO shift levers!)

Gem Green with tan or dare I say green. Oxford white with blue.
Light/Medium or Dark Grey with :unsure: ... never mind on that one.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
There are a few 2020 models still in a few dealer inventories. I have found a few cargo and passenger vans at different locations. Some had to have paint repairs at the rear doors and that became a problem that Ford decided to not deal with any longer and dropped that color for the 2021 model.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a few 2020 models still in a few dealer inventories. I have found a few cargo and passenger vans at different locations. Some had to have paint repairs at the rear doors and that became a problem that Ford decided to not deal with any longer and dropped that color for the 2021 model.

That is most interesting.

I wonder what attribute of the paint was not compatible with van doors?

Saw a great looking yellow F-250 the other day too.

A shame the vans get less interesting colours.
——

·
Registered
456 Posts
I get LOTs of compliments on my Kapoor van, it really is a stunner.

I am over the moon that I snagged a 2020, not only did i get the red, I got the nice grill, not that gaudy looking thing on the 21.

·
Super Moderator
3,734 Posts
I get LOTs of compliments on my Kapoor van, it really is a stunner.I am over the moon that I snagged a 2020, not only did i get the red, I got the nice grill, not that gaudy looking thing on the 21.
Decades from now when you sell it as a collectible you can advertise Rare Kapoor Red, one of only ___ made. :geek:

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Just checked out Ford Nationwide Inventory and just 9 Kapoor Red Transits left. Any of these body styles will be RARE ones!
Here are the ones showing up! R1Y(2), K1Y, K2C, R1C, E2Y, X9X, X9C, and E1Y.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Decades from now when you sell it as a collectible you can advertise Rare Kapoor Red, one of only ___ made. :geek:
nope, we drive them into the ground. we retired our last two E series with 500k and 320k on the clock.

our current fleet of transits will be with us for the long haul, and I'll be enjoying every mile in my Kapoor!

·
Registered
'21 XLT MR 148 Wagon, Eco, 3:31 LSD, RWD, PSD
70 Posts
I wanted Green Gem soooooo badly!

Reluctantly chose Carbonized Gray, and then had a last minute change of heart and got Jeans Blue. I like the blue well enough. I'd have loved Green with tan interior @njvagabond

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I gave a advance notice about the 2020 exterior colors that were going away so Transit buyers could place orders for them. Ford gave us a 'last call' notice on Green Gem, Magnetic Metallic, and Diffused Silver so buyers could make a order for them. We had a lot full of these colors when they did the last run on them. Mostly had the Magnetic Metallic orders with a few Diffused Silver and only 3 Green Gem ones.

The Kapoor Red was a last minute cancelled color as Ford already had the early information on the 2021 models with that color being available but on the Ford order system they never activated that color for production. That color was offered on BOTH the Transit Connect and full size Transit for the 2020 model and dropped on BOTH for the 2021 model.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I gave a advance notice about the 2020 exterior colors that were going away so Transit buyers could place orders for them. Ford gave us a 'last call' notice on Green Gem, Magnetic Metallic, and Diffused Silver so buyers could make a order for them. We had a lot full of these colors when they did the last run on them. Mostly had the Magnetic Metallic orders with a few Diffused Silver and only 3 Green Gem ones.

The Kapoor Red was a last minute cancelled color as Ford already had the early information on the 2021 models with that color being available but on the Ford order system they never activated that color for production. That color was offered on BOTH the Transit Connect and full size Transit for the 2020 model and dropped on BOTH for the 2021 model.
I believe the Kapoor was also avialble for the F150 too? but seems to be cancelled on the 21 model as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts