Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking in Forscan to see if I can make the engine start in Eco mode. I almost never need the extra power of the ecoboost engine driving around town, and would prefer to start in Eco mode rather than having to remember to turn it on everytime I start the engine.

Anyone know if this is possible in Forscan and where to find it / what it is named?

· Registered
373 Posts
Changing the mode is done by pushing a button. Just like deactivating the auto start/stop. So it is certainly possible. Dont know about modifying the firmware, but a small timer device and a relay, just like i did for the auto start/stop will work......

· Registered
2020 148 HR AWD
332 Posts
I kind of wish this was factory configurable, without Forscan, but for those of us with AWD which supposedly locks into 2wd when in Eco mode, it could be an issue that Ford didn’t want to deal with. Angry customers complaining that they got stuck in slippery conditions, or worse, in their AWD vans. But honestly, I haven’t noticed a repeatable fuel economy improvement with Eco mode ... have others seen anything consistently?

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven’t noticed a repeatable fuel economy improvement with Eco mode ... have others seen anything consistently?
I've been getting 19mpg around LA with Eco consistently enabled and 16mpg (or less if I really let it spool up) with it off. That's based on about 6 tanks of data using the numbers reported in the dash though, and not a very scientific measurement.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Changing the mode is done by pushing a button. Just like deactivating the auto start/stop. So it is certainly possible. Dont know about modifying the firmware, but a small timer device and a relay, just like i did for the auto start/stop will work......
Except the engine mode cycles through four options. So you'd have to make it "push" the button twice to get it to eco mode and if one of the pushes didn't register it wouldn't change right.

This really seems like it should be a setting in the ECU and Forscan should be able to set it. Maybe it isn't there but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone else has found it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.