Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I drive a 2014 Transit Connect for a service job. The drivers seat seems to be having trouble. I sit in it about 4 hours a day (driving, computer work etc).

Has anyone noticed comfort issues, it feels like hips want to sink lower than my thighs and had to build up the seat bottom with pieces of carpet. Its pretty good now with the carpet. I suppose I'm a special case and might not be any recalls for this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post. The best seat I had was a 60/40 bench in a 2008 F250, it was easy to get along with compared to this one. I had a '11 or '12 F150 and it was pretty good too. The only thing was the head rest wasn't adjustable for tilt like my Transit is.
The seat in this Transit Connect only has adjustable back angle. I understand the seat should be back far enough so your wrists can touch the steering wheel and the back shouldn't be too steep. Should also move it around slightly to change things up a occasionally.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I find that I want to hunch over a little bit for some reason. Wish I could get the wheel back towards me and down a little bit more without moving the seat forward. Overall the seat itself is comfortable to me particularly with the 10 way adjustments, although never counted if there really are that many ;)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I find that I want to hunch over a little bit for some reason. Wish I could get the wheel back towards me and down a little bit more without moving the seat forward. Overall the seat itself is comfortable to me particularly with the 10 way adjustments, although never counted if there really are that many ;)
Me, too. Still trying to get used to the position. Needs more tilt, and more telescope. Geez, I had heard about the Promaster's "bus-like" steering position. I sat in one of them, and THAT (among other things) was a non-starter.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
My Sprinter had the extreme bus style steering wheel. Like most things you get used to it. At first my back hurt and I tried a lot of different positions on the 10 way seat in my Transit. Finally found something that was tolerable. Now that I'm used to the curvature of the seat back I can adjust it around with no issues. Initially thought I was going to need a different seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definite issues with comfort. My husband is ready to trade this vehicle in or sell it just because of the seat. He had severe back pain after one day and tried all different positions to get comfortable. Very disappointing after spending this much money on a new van. I've heard others call it a torture seat. Why in the world couldn't Ford foresee this? Not much long term testing apparently. Has anyone tried having a different seat installed? The drivers seat from our Dodge 350 truck is great and we're thinking of installing it, but I dont want to open a can of worms... thoughts?

·
Registered
240 Posts
So are the seats in the 2014 Transit Connect the same in the 2015/2016 Transit? Curious minds want to know?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Definite issues with comfort. My husband is ready to trade this vehicle in or sell it just because of the seat. He had severe back pain after one day and tried all different positions to get comfortable. Very disappointing after spending this much money on a new van. I've heard others call it a torture seat. Why in the world couldn't Ford foresee this? Not much long term testing apparently. Has anyone tried having a different seat installed? The drivers seat from our Dodge 350 truck is great and we're thinking of installing it, but I dont want to open a can of worms... thoughts?
I went through the same thing. All I can suggest is, by the time you decide on a replacement seat, he will probably be used to the stock Transit seat and the pain will go away. Those first couple of weeks were NOT pleasant. Perfect now. No complaints. I tried a Promaster and that seat hurt my back on the test drive. Sneaky Transit waited until I owned one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently had a issue with the 2014 transit connect XLT
The seat pinches the back of my knees and cuts off circulation
Adjusting doesn't work and now i have developed blood clots in my legs and lungs from the pinching
Doctors indicated that the pinching is a cause for alarm and that you could be injured and be hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism in the lungs
These seats are not ergonomically built correct
Get your lungs and legs checked if you get swelling on your cafe its a sign that you have a issue
See your doctor right away

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently had a issue with the 2014 transit connect XLT
The seat pinches the back of my knees and cuts off circulation
Adjusting doesn't work and now i have developed blood clots in my legs and lungs from the pinching
Doctors indicated that the pinching is a cause for alarm and that you could be injured and be hospitalized with a pulmonary embolism in the lungs
These seats are not ergonomically built correct
Get your lungs and legs checked if you get swelling on your cafe its a sign that you have a issue
See your doctor right away
My 2014 has caused me a issue with blood clots in my lungs from my legs
It seams the seat pinches off circulation behind my knees and causes clots that end up in your lungs
This van is not ergonomically built well for the driver
Doctors indicated that this is very concerning and that there maybe others out there who may have clots and not aware of them
Check with each other and see if theres any symptoms that maybe indicators
Thanks
Let me know as well too
[email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts