Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Selling my Factory seats.

8K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  ted 
#1 ·
I am getting all of my factory seats replaced with aftermarket Qualitex seats. My wife has serious back problems and needs the better seats.

I am looking to sell all of the seats. They are the cloth reclining seats. It is for a 12 seat configuration. This includes: 3 seats unit, 2 seat unit, single seat unit, and 2 of the 2 seat rear units with quick release. The driver and passenger will be removed as soon as Qualitex has the brackets completed for the front. (supposedly and day now). This may include the installation rails as well. I will find out from the installation shop tomorrow.

#3 ·
I am in North Alabama. Let me check on the color.

#4 ·
Selling Factory seats - all

hawkeng,

Going to copy this over to the thread Parts Needed / Available, to help you get more exposure.

Semper Fi

#5 ·
Charcoal

#7 ·
Hi Hawkeng,

Is the 2 seat unit still available? How much are you selling it for?

I looked into shipping it to Texas. I found a shipping company that would pick it up wherever you are (curbside).

But the cost varied a lot depending on if it was boxed or not (it added $350 if it wasn't boxed). Would the bench already be boxed or palleted?

Cheers,
An

#9 ·
antran7, The seats will not be palleted or boxed. Did you want the back row 2 seat or the 2/3 row 2 seat. They are different. The 2nd/3rd row seat reclines, does not have the quick release handles and is a little wider.

alarmist, When the factory seats are removed I will let you know.

#12 ·
I ordered the DeLeon series from Shop4seats.com.....http://shop4seats.com/sprinter-seat...-captain-chairs/de-leon-is-sprinter-seat.html
Installation has been a royal pain, because of brackets. We have 4 captains in the rear, and they are very comfortable. I am having the bench installed this week. The front drivers and passenger are awaiting on brackets to be finished. We hope to have this ordeal done soon. I will post completed pics soon.

#13 ·
I'm sorry to hijack this thread a little, but it seemed better to pose my question here as opposed to making a new thread.

I just got my van and one of the first things I want to do is remove the middle row of seats. I see that the third row has a quick release, but the second is clearly bolted down. I want to remove the second row to open up a lot more leg room for the third. This would also open up a nice area for the dogs to lay when I drive them around.

It appears you need a star wrench to remove this seat. Does anyone know the process and tools required to do this? Also, would there be a mounting bracket left behind that would poke out of the floor? Or can you remove all that hardware too to give a nice clean flush surface? I'm fixing to tackle this in the next few days when time allows and was hoping to snag some helpful advice.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

#14 ·
I see that the third row has a quick release, but the second is clearly bolted down.
Sigh. Yet another deficiency compared to the Chateau Club Wagon and another reason to NOT purchase a Transit.

It appears you need a star wrench to remove this seat.
That is a Torx head bolt. Likely in the size range of T30-T55. Use with 3/8" ratchet. Available at Sears or Harbor Freight.

#16 ·
The seats can easily be released...The torx bits are to remove the latching brackets. The latching system is the same for all seats. Only the last row has the handles to easily remove the seats. There is another thread that describes and provides pictures...I think. But with a screw driver or hook tool you can release the spring loaded hooks. I used a screw driver on each hook to hold the hook open.

#19 ·
Thanks all. I had no idea the second row could also be released. Saved my uneducated self a lot of headache.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.