Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have our second 2020 Transit heading to production today. Another Magnetic Metallic exterior color but this one is a T-150 MR AWD cargo van. Like our first delivered 2020 Transit, it has a lot of popular options on it. I am sure the owner of this Transit who is on the forum may speak out about it and let everyone know what he ordered on it.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would be nice if you could do the 'follow your build' like they do at the Corvette plant.

Your Transit has been built and passed Quality Control. Just waiting for it going to a holding lot, then travel to Matt Ford.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We won't know until your Transit arrives what grille will be on it. We may try and order a black grille and charge it to Ford as a mis-build since we did not order the Exterior Upgrade package.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I was at Matt Ford on December 23rd, Ford did not have the 2020 Transit grille part numbers listed yet through the parts department. It may be there now and I will see if Eddie McQueen can get me the part number for each grille. There may be a mounting issue with the mesh grille on the regular Transit van and I will have to see if that is the case.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I checked yesterday and they are showing 6 different part numbers for the front grille for the 2020 Transit. I will have to verify that this is correct. From what I was told, it had to do with the electronic accessories you had that may give you a different grille....may be the Front/Rear Split View Camera makes the difference.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was told at the preview of the 2020 Transit that the ones with the 3.5L EcoBoost engine would have a different grille with a opening to let more air flow into the air box for better performance for that engine. Have not been able to compare the grille in a regular 3.5L engine with the EcoBoost one.

I am going by my local Ford dealer parts expert tomorrow and get the full details for each listed grille. This will even make it more difficult in the future if your Transit is wrecked in the front and the repair shop has to know which one to get for the replacement.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I am sure the aftermarket companies will see this and make their own setup where instead of the Front/Rear Split View, you can have a 360* view.
Just add the added part to the grille, then each outside mirror, then one at the rear. BET..there will be one on display at the 2020 SEMA Show.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This Transit arrived at Matt Ford yesterday and it does have the Chrome trim style grille on it. Another Transit arrived with this one and it did not have the fog lamp option and it has the Black Grille.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts