Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
E-bay has a bunch advertised. How specific are these to a particular seat? They seem to be advertised as "universal" most of the time but seem to vary in length. I bought a double seat and am a bit confused.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
You have varying floor brackets that fit in the passenger van so if you are not familiar with how they fit within the van you may get one that does not work out for your specific use. The best ones to get are the ones that have a attachment hole in front of the front seat mount and on each side of the rear mount. Some floor mounting brackets are long enough to mount 2 rows of seats and these are used for the front 2 rows of passenger seating. Those would have to be cut to separate the 2 row mounting.

From purchasing complete interior seating on a lot of Transit passenger vans, I have a large selection of floor mounting brackets but mostly sell them with the seats I sell. I have some Transit buyers who get the RV Prep option that has the tape cover holes in the floor and they would need a specific floor mounting bracket to fit the existing floor holes.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
The specific floor mounting brackets listed in the first forum thread are good ones to use for a seat mounting. It has the hole between the front latch and the colored sticker as well as the 2 holes around the rear latching bar. You can trim down this bracket between the lower 2 orange dots and the extra mounting hole on the end of the bracket. You will have to use longer bolts when mounting in the cargo van since the bolts that come with the passenger vans use the threaded weld nuts in the floor that are already in the passenger van floor. Some add a 1/4" or smaller metal plate under the cargo van floor for extra reinforcement. Use a lock nut and teflon coated threaded nut on a Grade 8 bolt. In some areas, it is smart to cover the lower bolt and nut with undercoating so it won't rust in that area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The specific floor mounting brackets listed in the first forum thread are good ones to use for a seat mounting. It has the hole between the front latch and the colored sticker as well as the 2 holes around the rear latching bar. You can trim down this bracket between the lower 2 orange dots and the extra mounting hole on the end of the bracket. You will have to use longer bolts when mounting in the cargo van since the bolts that come with the passenger vans use the threaded weld nuts in the floor that are already in the passenger van floor. Some add a 1/4" or smaller metal plate under the cargo van floor for extra reinforcement. Use a lock nut and teflon coated threaded nut on a Grade 8 bolt. In some areas, it is smart to cover the lower bolt and nut with undercoating so it won't rust in that area.
CrewVanManInfo, do you have any of these brackets?
thanks

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I have these floor mounting brackets available to go with the seats I sell. Most of the seats will be going into a cargo van so you need the brackets to go with the seats. When I get someone with a CrewVan wanting a 36" 2 passenger seat, they do not need the floor mounting brackets as they will place the seat in the existing mounts already in the van. This gives me a few brackets to sell but nothing like those are available at this time.

As hard as it is to find some of the Transit seats, it is harder to find them with the floor mounting brackets as so many just remove the seats, then cover the existing floor leaving the brackets in place under the floor. To have access to the brackets, you have to remove the entire floor panel and most do not want to do it. They don't think about how much the brackets are needed to be able to reuse the seats.

You can purchase the floor mounting brackets from Ford Parts but those can get expensive. In the early stages when Ford went from the bolt-in single seat up to 2018 and then in 2019 went to the quick release seat, I had a few Transit passenger van owners want to change that seat in their vans. I ordered those brackets and the first few showed up with no problem. Then after that they went National Out of Stock/Vendor Referral. It took 4 months to get the brackets and we found out later they were sourced from Turkey.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have these floor mounting brackets available to go with the seats I sell. Most of the seats will be going into a cargo van so you need the brackets to go with the seats. When I get someone with a CrewVan wanting a 36" 2 passenger seat, they do not need the floor mounting brackets as they will place the seat in the existing mounts already in the van. This gives me a few brackets to sell but nothing like those are available at this time.

As hard as it is to find some of the Transit seats, it is harder to find them with the floor mounting brackets as so many just remove the seats, then cover the existing floor leaving the brackets in place under the floor. To have access to the brackets, you have to remove the entire floor panel and most do not want to do it. They don't think about how much the brackets are needed to be able to reuse the seats.

You can purchase the floor mounting brackets from Ford Parts but those can get expensive. In the early stages when Ford went from the bolt-in single seat up to 2018 and then in 2019 went to the quick release seat, I had a few Transit passenger van owners want to change that seat in their vans. I ordered those brackets and the first few showed up with no problem. Then after that they went National Out of Stock/Vendor Referral. It took 4 months to get the brackets and we found out later they were sourced from Turkey.
On a slightly different but related subject, where can I get info and / or hardware that will allow me to use the factory approach to mounting seats, but for cabinet anchors? I would like to have a robust way to bolt cabinets to the floor. I believe I would use SS low profile unistrut on top with through bolts and SS plates that extend for several of the bolts at a time with washers and nuts underneath. Would this avoid the no-drill zones? My cabinets are between 20 and 24 inches from the van's edges (probably would have to adjust so the unistrut can live in the valleys). I can drop the gas tank if necessary. Of course I'd have to rust protect and seal the holes. I really would like some good pictures or drawings of seat mounts installed and removed, including the underside hardware if any of this is available.

I'm wary of many of the concepts for anchoring DIY cabinets that I've seen online and have not found one I like that is for cabinets only, but maybe I just don't know what's out there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On a slightly different but related subject, where can I get info and / or hardware that will allow me to use the factory approach to mounting seats, but for cabinet anchors? I would like to have a robust way to bolt cabinets to the floor. I believe I would use SS low profile unistrut on top with through bolts and SS plates that extend for several of the bolts at a time with washers and nuts underneath. Would this avoid the no-drill zones? My cabinets are between 20 and 24 inches from the van's edges (probably would have to adjust so the unistrut can live in the valleys). I can drop the gas tank if necessary. Of course I'd have to rust protect and seal the holes. I really would like some good pictures or drawings of seat mounts installed and removed, including the underside hardware if any of this is available.

I'm wary of many of the concepts for anchoring DIY cabinets that I've seen online and have not found one I like that is for cabinets only, but maybe I just don't know what's out there.
I should have mentioned I have a 2022 HR Ext DRW cargo van on order, so I can't look at anything yet. They're even hard to find at a Ford dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts