Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everyone, here is a question for you. What size are the 4 bolts that hold the passenger seat base to the van floor?

My van is a unicorn and came with a rare factory fleet option of “passenger delete". It came with no seat, seatbelt, or dash airbag. It has a cubby in the dash where the bag would go.

Long story short I’m making mine into a camper and have bought a passenger seat and belt from eBay, but it came with no hardware..

Any help aside from the “use the search function" is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
There's four bolts that hold the seat base to the floor that take a 15mm socket

Should be four threaded holes in your van floor

Then there's four bolts the hold the seat to the seat base that take a T40 torx bit

Also , can you look at the bolts that hold down your drivers seat?

·
Super Moderator
2,835 Posts
If you can remove a bolt from the driver side and verify that it works where you need them, you can just take that bolt to a hardware store to check the thread specs and get what you need. I assume that they should be a higher grade than average.

There are a few threads in here from others in your situation, but I don't recall any bolt discussions.

·
Registered
962 Posts
If you can remove a bolt from the driver side and verify that it works where you need them, you can just take that bolt to a hardware store to check the thread specs and get what you need. I assume that they should be a higher grade than average.

There are a few threads in here from others in your situation, but I don't recall any bolt discussions.

Driver's seat hardware is different.

Let me check my notes as I wrote that bolt size down someplace.

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
962 Posts
12mm x 1.75mm(??) x 40mm long is what Ford used to bolt in the REAR seat rails.

Not sure what size was used on the front seat pedestal.

Can't find my thread pitch gage. Last time it went missing. I cleaned up the shop, only to have my son return it a week later. Sigh.

Attachments

Reactions: asdrew

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone fo the help, I had to thread the holes first 12mm x 1.75 then used grade 8 bolts 100mm long. Works well and my passenger now has a seat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts