Ford Transit USA Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same issue with awd power seat. On passenger side today. Gonna go 1/2” flat bar route to eliminate any issue. My seat has a round 1/8” dowel behind seat lower shroud. also how’d you guys determine where to cut shroud? Guessing determined by lowest seat height
Thanks. This forum is just awesome!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
IIRC I more or less followed a "cut line". Note it is cut just below the clip on the inside so that the clip ton the shroud that mounts to the "dowel" remained in tact. The seat cannot rotate in the lowest position, but have not found that to be a problem. Can always go back to cut more if you decide to. Measured a zillion times to translate where the cut line would be. Used cutoffs as a template to measure the second seat.

Also, no need to cut child tether loop on back of seat base it can be bent down to clear the swivel.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got it. After I get flat bar tmrw and mounted up I’ll raise seat up and figure it. I thought the round bar did extend pretty low on door side. Oh yeah the measure thing. Lol.
cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
@Shade Did you switch to the zip tie method or keep your spacers? The problem I found with the zip ties is they tighten/loosen if you raise or lower the seat. Was curious how the sliders are working out after some time.
I’m still using the sliders, they are working out ok. I make sure the chair is all the way in the up position before I slide anything otherwise it makes a nice fingers on the blackboard noise.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts