Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
There are several videos on YouTube doing this.

I installed the passenger seat swivel on a 2018 T-250.

Remove 4 bolts from seat base.
Unplug wire between seat and floor.
Set swivel (swiveled 45 degrees) on seat base.
Put in 4 bolts. (The 4th one just wouldn't fit so I could have drilled it but I put a porta power on the base and pushed/bent the hole to match up.)
Cut off the child seat bracket on the back of the base. (keeps the swivel from going around)
Plug the seat back in.
Install the 4 bolts into the seat.

Figure out where the seat needs to be to swivel it.

Works well and wasn't too hard. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else having issues matching up the bolt holes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Works well and wasn't too hard. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else having issues matching up the bolt holes.
Really? I thought that EVERYONE had issues with that. I expected issues with the holes going into the purchase based on all the different comments that were out there (about 14 months ago). One hole was just way out, so I slotted it out and did my best to match the champfer for the screw with the tools I had on-hand. The screws supplied are only slightly harder than cheese, so if you plan on adding anything under the seat, do it before installing the swivel or else source new screws that won't strip with a cross-eyed look (and for reference, I've got several decades behind me as a mechanic, they are just low-grade material fasteners).

Works fine, though the squeaks when the seat is empty tend to get annoying pretty darn fast.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts