Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
There are several videos on YouTube doing this.

I installed the passenger seat swivel on a 2018 T-250.

Remove 4 bolts from seat base.
Unplug wire between seat and floor.
Set swivel (swiveled 45 degrees) on seat base.
Put in 4 bolts. (The 4th one just wouldn't fit so I could have drilled it but I put a porta power on the base and pushed/bent the hole to match up.)
Cut off the child seat bracket on the back of the base. (keeps the swivel from going around)
Plug the seat back in.
Install the 4 bolts into the seat.

Figure out where the seat needs to be to swivel it.

Works well and wasn't too hard. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else having issues matching up the bolt holes.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Works well and wasn't too hard. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else having issues matching up the bolt holes.
Really? I thought that EVERYONE had issues with that. I expected issues with the holes going into the purchase based on all the different comments that were out there (about 14 months ago). One hole was just way out, so I slotted it out and did my best to match the champfer for the screw with the tools I had on-hand. The screws supplied are only slightly harder than cheese, so if you plan on adding anything under the seat, do it before installing the swivel or else source new screws that won't strip with a cross-eyed look (and for reference, I've got several decades behind me as a mechanic, they are just low-grade material fasteners).

Works fine, though the squeaks when the seat is empty tend to get annoying pretty darn fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Put in 4 bolts. (The 4th one just wouldn't fit so I could have drilled it but I put a porta power on the base and pushed/bent the hole to match up.)
Cut off the child seat bracket on the back of the base. (keeps the swivel from going around)
Plug the seat back in.

I see from the forum that you are also in Minneapolis. I'm working on a custom project on a smaller vehicle (Subaru Forester), and with the seat trim and center consoled removed (have already done both), I think the front passenger seat could be adapted to swivel. I have not been able to get dimensions and screw spacing on the Scopema from any retailers. Would you mind doing a quick measure of the overall dimensions of your swivel (and maybe the hole spacing if you can do this without taking it apart?)
I would be very grateful for any help you can give with this!
(I can drill or adjust holes in the swivel for mounting if needed. The seat is currently mounted by four bolts in the tracks which are 15 5/16 inch apart (hole center to center.) The front to back distance between the holes on each track is 14 1/8 inch.)

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I did my install I had trouble with the 4th screw lining up. I almost drilled it larger and then travois said I should loosen the base from the vehicle and that did not fix it. They were pretty adamant about not drilling it out. I ended up getting a clamp and reversing it into a spreader and used it on the inside of the Ford base. This allowed the 4 holes to line up and attach properly.

If you have the e-brake or pushdown parking brake you'll have no trouble doing the install in an afternoon.

If you need to modify the brake it's quite a bit of work, but do-able even for someone that doesn't normally work on cars (I'm a complete novice).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I see from the forum that you are also in Minneapolis. I'm working on a custom project on a smaller vehicle (Subaru Forester), and with the seat trim and center consoled removed (have already done both), I think the front passenger seat could be adapted to swivel. I have not been able to get dimensions and screw spacing on the Scopema from any retailers. Would you mind doing a quick measure of the overall dimensions of your swivel (and maybe the hole spacing if you can do this without taking it apart?)
I would be very grateful for any help you can give with this!
(I can drill or adjust holes in the swivel for mounting if needed. The seat is currently mounted by four bolts in the tracks which are 15 5/16 inch apart (hole center to center.) The front to back distance between the holes on each track is 14 1/8 inch.)
Measurements are "close".

ScopemaPassengerBaseMeasurements.jpg

·
Registered
2021 350 HR PASS XLT AWD 3.5L ECOBOOST
65 Posts

Plug the seat back in.

Thanks for the info - mine arrive today so I’ll be installing very soon.
Before unplugging the wire we want to disconnect the battery right ?
Thanks again .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks again .
I didn't. But that doesn't make it right or the best idea! Just didn't think about it.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Thanks again .
I didn't disconnect the battery and had the plug on and off multiple times with no problems. YMMV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts