Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone measured how far apart the two rows of bolt holes are on the roof?

Need a quick measurement to do some solar panel shopping, and I'm trying to get away with just using a T-slot plus some spacers if necessary, instead of a big frame or cross bars to hold the panels up.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,662 Posts
I don't know if they are the same spacing on all roof heights but would assume they are. I have a high roof extended and on that model they are exactly 54.22 inches apart.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Looks like there's a bunch of panels that are 26" wide, which should make it possible to bolt two together side-by-side, and then add a 1" spacer block to each side to make it pretty low profile and seamless.

Trying to think of a way to used some angled T-slot track instead of square, because visually, when you look up at the van, you'll see the edge of the track, versus whereas when it's angled, it will almost hide itself.

·
Super Moderator
1,662 Posts
If you could find the right mounting brackets that don't require a 90 degree surface, I bet these would raise it just enough and bring the mount inboard to make up the difference in width.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Photo's of what others have done, Page two.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks!

Looks like there's a bunch of panels that are 26" wide, which should make it possible to bolt two together side-by-side, and then add a 1" spacer block to each side to make it pretty low profile and seamless.

Trying to think of a way to used some angled T-slot track instead of square, because visually, when you look up at the van, you'll see the edge of the track, versus whereas when it's angled, it will almost hide itself.
Not my photo, but someone in the fb group used these pivot joints that can be found on 8020, I plan on doing the same. You could angle it to whatever you needed.
8020 pivot joint-3.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts