Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Rhino Roof Rack Bar System

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ajt944 
#1 ·
I tried searching (Maybe I wasn't searching the right thing) - but has anybody installed these?

#JA6333 - Vortex RLTP Black 2 Bar Roof Rack |

Looking to just get 2 bars set up on the rearward part of my 130WB, Mid-Roof to put kayak rack or roof-box up there. Seems like a simple solution, unless I'm missing something. From what I understand, there are pre-threaded holes up there, I just need to cut off the caps and screw into them, correct? Any body have any photos of this procedure?

Thanks!

#4 · (Edited)
If you already have 8020 then you just need 3 sets of towers. Crossbars will need to be 57" but you might want to cut those to fit after you have the rails on. You can place crossbars at the end of the rails also. Those would need to be 60" long. We do also have hardware kits for attaching the intermediate crossbars. We can also supply hardware for end crossbars but don't have a kit for that listed. Please reach out to Kim directly for those parts. Please add a note that you want spacers between towers and rails. That raises the crossbars a bit more and give you a bit more clearance since your loads are a bit heavier.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan

Here is a video that helps explain everything better:

#6 ·
I tried searching (Maybe I wasn't searching the right thing) - but has anybody installed these?

#JA6333 - Vortex RLTP Black 2 Bar Roof Rack |

Looking to just get 2 bars set up on the rearward part of my 130WB, Mid-Roof to put kayak rack or roof-box up there. Seems like a simple solution, unless I'm missing something. From what I understand, there are pre-threaded holes up there, I just need to cut off the caps and screw into them, correct? Any body have any photos of this procedure?

Thanks!
I do have the Rhino Rack cross bars, 2 sets of 2, so 4 bars total on my 148" wb. You are correct about the installation, it is very straight forward and there are youtube videos to assist you. For me the roof rail system is not ideal, it is too narrow for me to fit 2 paddle boards or 2 kayaks or 2 roof cargo boxes side by side. The Rhino Rack cross bars are a full 6 ft wide so I can fit enough gear up there. The bars are very quiet while riding as well.
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle

#7 ·
I do have the Rhino Rack cross bars, 2 sets of 2, so 4 bars total on my 148" wb. You are correct about the installation, it is very straight forward and there are youtube videos to assist you. For me the roof rail system is not ideal, it is too narrow for me to fit 2 paddle boards or 2 kayaks or 2 roof cargo boxes side by side. The Rhino Rack cross bars are a full 6 ft wide so I can fit enough gear up there. The bars are very quiet while riding as well.
View attachment 177077
Thanks - Great to see it set up. I really just need the two most rearward cross bars, and there's 47" between them (Mine is a 130wb). I think I'm going to go with some metal towers to mount 8020, which will give me some flexibility to mount really anything (Solar, Thule, Rhino Rack, Yakima, Rocky Mounts, etc.).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.