Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Northern Illinois. Found the site researching the next vehicle for myself and family of 6 to replace a Honda Odyssey. Sounds like I'll be waiting for a bit since the work version appears to be going first.
Reasons for changing is a desire to haul a decent size travel trailer occasionally (30ft, 7000lb), and that my triplet 4 year olds have started kicking each others seats (one row up) already. Hoping there is more space between the rows. The Transit wagon is on the short list since it appears to have a large payload number. Also on the list is the Nissan NV. The Nissan is nice in that it has an available fully leather highly configurable interior, but the Transit looks like it will fit in my garage (either wheelbase) and will get better mileage.
Looking forward to the education!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - have been (and will continue to) follow that one. It has turned into a discussion of engines, and I think I would go eco-boost or diesel for the torque due to the trailer. Probably the EB. Anxiously awaiting interior pictures.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Garageability is nice, but I'm assuming you are looking at a low roof.
In the other thread you've been reading I mentioned how the tall is easier on your back, and seriously, even shoveling a path to the the van and scraping windows every day in a Winter like this one we've still not gotten rid of (northern IL, south east MI, same thing) is easier on the back then all the bending while loading kids, seats, and gear that is eliminated in a tall.
Well worth the trade-off to me, and my garage is 30 feet long so a low long extended would even fit.
If someone needs REALLY low and long, plus all the comforts of home, this lottery winner's vehicle choice fits the bill nicely:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Garageability is nice, but I'm assuming you are looking at a low roof.
In the other thread you've been reading I mentioned how the tall is easier on your back, and seriously, even shoveling a path to the the van and scraping windows every day in a Winter like this one we've still not gotten rid of (northern IL, south east MI, same thing) is easier on the back then all the bending while loading kids, seats, and gear that is eliminated in a tall.
Well worth the trade-off to me, and my garage is 30 feet long so a low long extended would even fit.
If someone needs REALLY low and long, plus all the comforts of home, this lottery winner's vehicle choice fits the bill nicely:
That is one epic family hauler!
It's like a limo with a camper LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The little kids are 4, so I figure only a couple years of my bending/buckling them up. My other older one handles that himself already. I used to have a house with a detached garage (alley) that I kept my car outside in the driveway of (my snowmobile got to sleep indoors) so I know I could handle the scraping/shoveling. And they have remote start now-a-days too. Still, if the van won't fit anyway, maybe going big would be nice. I had not really thought of that <-- Thanks. The Ford low will fit inside, the Nissan wouldn't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts