Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been working with the Ford Transit Brand Group on getting the Chrome Surround Honeycomb grille replaced with a BLACK grille as well as getting the existing BLACK Raised Lug Nut Center Caps replaced with the BLACK Exposed Lug Nut Center Caps. They are NOW requesting VINs for the affected Transits so they can come up with a initial order to replace these parts.

So here is what is needed to get this completed for your Transit. GO TO your ordering dealer and have them send your VIN with the options you want to be replaced. They need to list it as follows:

Complete 17 digit VIN...Part(s) to be replaced

1FTBR2XG6MKA02345...Black grille/Black Exposed Caps

You may only need the Black grille or the Black center caps replacement and that is what is needed to get the total number to be ordered from the Ford vendor on these parts.

This information needs to go to Andrew Walker who is over the Ford Transit Brand Group and your dealer has access to his contact information via the Ford system.

I have sent the list for the Matt Ford customers as well as Gary Crossley customers so those VINs have been sent to Andrew Walker for processing. There may be some customer orders that do not have a VIN yet so you can only send your order number at this point.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If this ever gets resolved I’m hoping Ford will ship the parts to a dealer near me in Seattle and not Kansas City where I’m buying the van.

·
Registered
124 Posts
@CrewVanManInfo For those of us who ordered from you but still have no VIN did you also send in our order numbers? Like T town, it would certainly be preferable if part of this remedy included the ability to have a local dealer do the grill replacement instead of figuring out how to remedy with a dealer a thousand miles away 😉

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is just to get the number of Black grilles and Black Exposed Lugs Center Caps to order from the vendor. Once they get a number to work with, you would go to your local dealer and using your VIN (which will be in the system that would have this information on these parts) they will order the parts based on what was sent to Ford. Even if you like the Chrome Surround grille and/or the Black Raised Lug Nut Center Caps, I am reporting them as being replaced and if you decide you want them changed, they will be available.

·
Registered
2021 LWB MR XLT Passenger
47 Posts
I ordered a van from you being produced end of this month. I expected the chrome grill surround (although I dont like it) but the exposed caps I did not expect.

1FBAX9CG0MKA71985 - Black exposed caps

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ordered the black steel wheel with "exposed lug nuts" order code 642 but its showing as black steel wheel with "gloss black center caps" on my model information page. I haven't received the van yet but is this is what you're referring to?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered a van from you being produced end of this month. I expected the chrome grill surround (although I dont like it) but the exposed caps I did not expect.

1FBAX9CG0MKA71985 - Black exposed caps
I already noted the Black Grille/Black Exposed Lug Nut Caps as part of the list sent to Andrew Walker at Ford.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered the black steel wheel with "exposed lug nuts" order code 642 but its showing as black steel wheel with "gloss black center caps" on my model information page. I haven't received the van yet but is this is what you're referring to?
Yes, the center caps that are coming on the BLACK steel wheels are similar to the ones on the Aluminum Alloy wheels which cover the lug nuts and stick further away from the wheel more than the correct Exposed Lug Nuts center caps.

·
Registered
'21 AWD Eco T250 HR 148” Crew (R2V)
26 Posts
Hi @CrewVanManInfo was this issue resolved by Ford? I'll be taking delivery of a crew van from you/Crossley next month, and wondering if I'll be getting the correct center caps?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The VINs on the affected vehicles has been sent to Ford but they have not made a final decision on it. I will email them today to see if they have a final decision.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like Ford is flaking out on doing anything. Think it may be best to do the Class Action lawsuit since there is proof from the Ford Transit Order Guide and the pictures from the 2021 Ford Transit brochure on BOTH the Black Grille on the Adventure Prep package and the Black Exposed Lug center caps on the Black Steel wheels.

Again we can do the writing campaign to the President of Ford and mention the coming Class Auction lawsuit for Transit buyers and see if that gets any attention.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I had been putting the pressure on the Ford Brand Group to get some kind of settlement for the Chrome Surround grille as well as the incorrect center caps on the Black AWD Steel wheels....AKA Class Auction Lawsuit

Here is their offer via email today.

Dear Ed.

I've received approval to provide VISA gift cards to customers of the VINs you reported to me. We don't have a 'correct' replacement grille or wheel center caps available, but these VISA cards can help the customer replace or modify components to better suit their aesthetic preference. Based on aftermarket replacement comparisons, I am able to send $350 for those impacted by the grille issue and $500 to those impacted by the incorrect wheel center caps (customers impacted by BOTH issues will receive BOTH VISA cards).

I am unable to get the email contacts based on the VINs you sent to me, but I do have home addresses. If you can share the emails of these customers that will be the quickest way to provide the funds to them...otherwise we will be sending mailers with directions to retrieve the gift cards.

Let me know if you have any further concerns.

Thanks.

XXXX

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
WOW..........................................why I never.....................

·
Registered
ordered 9-27-21 130" LR Crew EB R1Z order confirmed 10-8-21
241 Posts
I had been putting the pressure on the Ford Brand Group to get some kind of settlement for the Chrome Surround grille as well as the incorrect center caps on the Black AWD Steel wheels....AKA Class Auction Lawsuit

Dear Ed.

I've received approval to provide VISA gift cards to customers of the VINs you reported to me. We don't have a 'correct' replacement grille or wheel center caps available, but these VISA cards can help the customer replace or modify components to better suit their aesthetic preference. Based on aftermarket replacement comparisons, I am able to send $350 for those impacted by the grille issue and $500 to those impacted by the incorrect wheel center caps (customers impacted by BOTH issues will receive BOTH VISA cards).

I am unable to get the email contacts based on the VINs you sent to me, but I do have home addresses. If you can share the emails of these customers that will be the quickest way to provide the funds to them...otherwise we will be sending mailers with directions to retrieve the gift cards.

Thanks.

XXXX
Actions are louder than words... I wonder what other new car salesmen did for their Transit customer on the grill and hubcaps?

Ed you are one in a million.👑

·
Registered
'21 AWD Eco T250 HR 148” Crew (R2V)
26 Posts
Works for me! Thanks for all that effort, Ed

·
Registered
860 Posts
What about customers that ordered in the beginning of the year but won’t get vans until November? Will we still qualify for the Visa cards?

·
Registered
614 Posts

Dear Ed.

Thanks.

XXXX
So if we ordered from you Ed, do we need to do anything more or do you have our VINs and will submit them?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts